MTMA Status

Bob Ferrante

MTMA activity has slowed. Is the club still flying? There have been no launch announcments. There has been no news about paying dues. I hope everything is OK.

Jennifer Davis

I think a few of us have inquired but no one has heard (that I’m aware). I hope things can get going soon. Or if the Aurora park is still available, maybe we can meet there.

On Apr 11, 2021, at 4:49 PM, Bob Ferrante <robert.1.ferrante@...> wrote:

MTMA activity has slowed. Is the club still flying? There have been no launch announcments. There has been no news about paying dues. I hope everything is OK.

Bob Ferrante

The park is still available. I am the president of the Flying Aces and our members are inquiring to me about the MTMA. I do not like having to answer "I don't know."

Members can bring your own gear on the 2nd and 4th weekends of the month. But if there is nowhere to pay dues, who is a member?

The grass is short still, and we have enlarged the rocket field are to an 80 foot circle, and we rolled the furoughs down a bit.

Bob

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 5:16 PM Jennifer Davis <jhercik@...> wrote:
I think a few of us have inquired but no one has heard (that I’m aware). I hope things can get going soon. Or if the Aurora park is still available, maybe we can meet there.

On Apr 11, 2021, at 4:49 PM, Bob Ferrante <robert.1.ferrante@...> wrote:

MTMA activity has slowed. Is the club still flying? There have been no launch announcments. There has been no news about paying dues. I hope everything is OK.

Jennifer Davis

Fantastic! My boys have been wanting to come launch. We are members of NAR and designate the local club. So guess that’s as good as it gets for right now.

On Apr 11, 2021, at 5:28 PM, Bob Ferrante <robert.1.ferrante@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Stricker

We have been launching as a byog. Not sure when all the clubs loose ends will be finalized, but until then we can launch on the second and fourth weekend of the month as a byog. The next launch is April 24 weather permitting.

On April 11, 2021, at 5:35 PM, Jennifer Davis <jhercik@...> wrote:

[...]

We have been launching as a byog on the second and fourth weekend of the month. Not sure when all the clubs loose ends will be finalized but until then we can do a byog. The next launch will be April 24 weather permitting.

On Apr 11, 2021, at 5:35 PM, Jennifer Davis <jhercik@...> wrote:

[...]

Tom Augustyn

Thanks for the update on field conditions

[...]

Wolfram v.Kiparski

I felt I had to be AWOL.  Please forgive me.  MTMA is definitely still a thing, and I am catching up with neglected business and email.

Quick updates:
  • The next launch is April 24 at Harmon and is going to be a BYOG launch.
  • Gary Stricker has agreed to help organize and maintain our launch capabilities at Harmon.
  • No dates at Barber Field have been set.
  • Mark Recktenwald set up a PayPal method for easily paying dues.  Details to follow tonight or tomorrow by Wednesday, April 14.
  • I acknowledge that the meeting minutes for our last business meeting were not posted as has been usual these past few years.

-W

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 4:49 PM Bob Ferrante <robert.1.ferrante@...> wrote:
MTMA activity has slowed. Is the club still flying? There have been no launch announcments. There has been no news about paying dues. I hope everything is OK.

M Schevey

Ollie and I did the BYOG launches a few of the available weekends over winter. It was usually only 3-5 rockets till fingers were cold and we would leave after 30-90 minutes.

Then my wife had neck surgery in February followed by our youngest getting Covid the following week. So she went to a hotel for a month, as I was in isolation with with the kids. THANKFULLY, Kris's neck is much improved, the cases of Covid were mild, not everyone got it, and we are all out the other side, but it's been crazy for last 8-10 weeks.

We did build a bunch of new rockets during lockdown/isolation, some still need paint. Really looking forward to getting caught up, that we can get back to lunching on our designated weekends. HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE SOON.

Mike

[...]

Mandy Walden

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend, Mike! That's quite a lot to go through. See you in the summer!