John Berkey

Wolfram v.Kiparski

I just learned that John Berkey died in February.  John was always a welcome sight at our launches.  I remember his imaginative scratch builds, especially the John Deere rocket he was fond of.  He'd always bring his grandson, Derek, who loved to launch and recover the rockets that he prepped.  He had more talents than I even knew about judging from his obituary.   I will miss him.

https://www.aublefuneralhome.com/obituaries/John-E-Berkey?obId=19936856

Bill Berger

John was a great man. He had plans for a club trip to the Air Force Museum at Wright Patt with a side trip to E-Rockets that was delayed by Covid. Now I won't be able to see either of those entities without thinking of John.

He will surely be missed at launches.

Bill Berger

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 5:45 PM, Wolfram v.Kiparski
<astronwolf@...> wrote:
I just learned that John Berkey died in February.  John was always a welcome sight at our launches.  I remember his imaginative scratch builds, especially the John Deere rocket he was fond of.  He'd always bring his grandson, Derek, who loved to launch and recover the rockets that he prepped.  He had more talents than I even knew about judging from his obituary.   I will miss him.

https://www.aublefuneralhome.com/obituaries/John-E-Berkey?obId=19936856

Gary Stricker

That’s sad news. He was always a friendly face and good guy to talk to about rockets. He did a great job with the picnic launch a few years ago. He will be missed.

<astronwolf@...> wrote:
I just learned that John Berkey died in February.  John was always a welcome sight at our launches.  I remember his imaginative scratch builds, especially the John Deere rocket he was fond of.  He'd always bring his grandson, Derek, who loved to launch and recover the rockets that he prepped.  He had more talents than I even knew about judging from his obituary.   I will miss him.

https://www.aublefuneralhome.com/obituaries/John-E-Berkey?obId=19936856

Tom Augustyn

Way too young for this day and age. RIP.

<astronwolf@...> wrote:
I just learned that John Berkey died in February.  John was always a welcome sight at our launches.  I remember his imaginative scratch builds, especially the John Deere rocket he was fond of.  He'd always bring his grandson, Derek, who loved to launch and recover the rockets that he prepped.  He had more talents than I even knew about judging from his obituary.   I will miss him.

https://www.aublefuneralhome.com/obituaries/John-E-Berkey?obId=19936856

Mandy Walden

True. And agree with Gary, the picnic was great! Thanks for sharing, Wolf. John will be missed.
-Mandy and Nico

<astronwolf@...> wrote:
I just learned that John Berkey died in February.  John was always a welcome sight at our launches.  I remember his imaginative scratch builds, especially the John Deere rocket he was fond of.  He'd always bring his grandson, Derek, who loved to launch and recover the rockets that he prepped.  He had more talents than I even knew about judging from his obituary.   I will miss him.

https://www.aublefuneralhome.com/obituaries/John-E-Berkey?obId=19936856

John Ulizzi

Sad news indeed. I agree with every sentiment here. He was a great guy.

John U