moderated GO for Launch this Saturday, July 9, 2022 #go


Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

Go for launch at the Harmon Field.  It will be sunny and in the upper 70s.

More details @ https://mtma.groups.io/g/public/message/4838


Gary Stricker
 

Hey Wolf, I know the winds are out of the northeast tomorrow but the forecast I saw says gusting to 30mph do you think to windy?


On Jul 8, 2022, at 8:24 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

Go for launch at the Harmon Field.  It will be sunny and in the upper 70s.

More details @ https://mtma.groups.io/g/public/message/4838


Gary Stricker
 

I just looked at my AccuWeather forecast and says winds out of the NNE at 10mph and gusts to 28mph for Aurora but more in the afternoon from 1:00 and maxing out around 5:00



On July 8, 2022, at 11:02 AM, "Wolfram v.Kiparski" <astronwolf@...> wrote:


30 mph gusts are too windy and we would need to cancel the launch.  But I'd like to confirm that, because the NWS forecast that I examined made no mention of gusts.  The NWS forecast discussion had the word "breezy" but no mention of 30 mph winds.


On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 9:56 AM Gary Stricker via groups.io <keystric=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hey Wolf, I know the winds are out of the northeast tomorrow but the forecast I saw says gusting to 30mph do you think to windy?


On Jul 8, 2022, at 8:24 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

Go for launch at the Harmon Field.  It will be sunny and in the upper 70s.

More details @ https://mtma.groups.io/g/public/message/4838


Gary Stricker
 

I just looked at my AccWeather forecast and says winds out of the NNE at 10 to 28mph mostly starting at about 1:00 


On Jul 8, 2022, at 11:48 AM, keystric <keystric@...> wrote:



I just looked at my AccuWeather forecast and says winds out of the NNE at 10mph and gusts to 28mph for Aurora but more in the afternoon from 1:00 and maxing out around 5:00



On July 8, 2022, at 11:02 AM, "Wolfram v.Kiparski" <astronwolf@...> wrote:


30 mph gusts are too windy and we would need to cancel the launch.  But I'd like to confirm that, because the NWS forecast that I examined made no mention of gusts.  The NWS forecast discussion had the word "breezy" but no mention of 30 mph winds.


On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 9:56 AM Gary Stricker via groups.io <keystric=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hey Wolf, I know the winds are out of the northeast tomorrow but the forecast I saw says gusting to 30mph do you think to windy?


On Jul 8, 2022, at 8:24 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

Go for launch at the Harmon Field.  It will be sunny and in the upper 70s.

More details @ https://mtma.groups.io/g/public/message/4838


Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

Found gust data in the NWS digital/graohical forecast resources.  I agree, it does not look good.  The attached graphic is for 11:00 am.

WindGust10_eastgrtlakes.png


Gary Stricker
 

Maybe we should live to fight another day😁
I think we should cancel the launch.

On Jul 8, 2022, at 12:48 PM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:


Found gust data in the NWS digital/graohical forecast resources.  I agree, it does not look good.  The attached graphic is for 11:00 am.

WindGust10_eastgrtlakes.png


Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

Agreed.


On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 3:56 PM Gary Stricker via groups.io <keystric=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Maybe we should live to fight another day😁
I think we should cancel the launch.



John Ulizzi
 

Guys, change the message header for Pete’s sake!  “GO for Launch”, only to open and read that it is not a go.  🤣🤣🤣

Hope to see you guys sometime soon!

John


On Jul 8, 2022, at 4:22 PM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:


Agreed.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 3:56 PM Gary Stricker via groups.io <keystric=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Maybe we should live to fight another day😁
I think we should cancel the launch.



Daniel Fabec
 

Currently


Thanks
Daniel Fabec


Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

Thanks for what.


On Sat, Jul 9, 2022, 11:58 AM Daniel Fabec <dfabec16@...> wrote:
Currently


Thanks
Daniel Fabec