Date   

Re: GO for Launch! Saturday October 9, 2021

M Schevey
 

See you there. Let me know if we need anything.

Mike


-------- Original message --------
From: "Wolfram v.Kiparski" <astronwolf@...>
Date: 10/8/21 6:12 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: public@MTMA.groups.io
Subject: [MTMA] GO for Launch! Saturday October 9, 2021

There's a chance for rain that increases through the day.   Less of a chance in the morning.  We're going for it.   Light winds from the south are predicted.

Launch starts at 10:00 a.m.


GO for Launch! Saturday October 9, 2021

Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

There's a chance for rain that increases through the day.   Less of a chance in the morning.  We're going for it.   Light winds from the south are predicted.

Launch starts at 10:00 a.m.


moderated Re: Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

Gary Stricker
 

I plan on being there too.



On October 6, 2021, at 9:17 AM, "Wolfram v.Kiparski" <astronwolf@...> wrote:


On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 09:13 AM, Andrew L. wrote:
 
I have provided them 1/2A sized rockets to build prior to launch day and with a GO launch will be onsite early to coordinate. 
Thanks for the update.  There will be a large pack launching on Saturday too.  We can accommodate all of you.  It's really a fun experience flying rockets with a large group of kids.

Mike, thank-you for offering to be there to help.  We will need it.
-W


moderated Re: Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 09:13 AM, Andrew L. wrote:
 
I have provided them 1/2A sized rockets to build prior to launch day and with a GO launch will be onsite early to coordinate. 
Thanks for the update.  There will be a large pack launching on Saturday too.  We can accommodate all of you.  It's really a fun experience flying rockets with a large group of kids.

Mike, thank-you for offering to be there to help.  We will need it.
-W


moderated Re: Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

Andrew L.
 

My apologies I am from pack 882 and we are planning to go with roughy 8 cub scouts. I thought I had acknowledged the welcome. Thank you for the invitation!

I have provided them 1/2A sized rockets to build prior to launch day and with a GO launch will be onsite early to coordinate. 

I can be reached at 6303101497 directly. Thank you again.

Andrew Lazar

On Oct 6, 2021, at 7:38 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

I haven't heard anything more from Pack #882.  I have no idea what their leadership is planning to do.  As you can see from this thread, they never acknowledged our welcome.

But we did hear a lot from Pack 67.  They will be there on Saturday, and are actively communicating with us. 

The forecast seems somewhat unstable to me.  I don't believe that we can get a solid prediction until tomorrow, or even Friday.

-W


moderated Re: Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

M Schevey
 

Ok. I had not seen anything more on 882 or 67 etc. We will plan to be there early to help with any setup. Hoping for good weather.

I did see a request to help the scouts down at Alliance's Silver Park later in the month, but I don't think we will be around that day.

Mike
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9.


-------- Original message --------
From: "Wolfram v.Kiparski" <astronwolf@...>
Date: 10/6/21 7:38 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: public@MTMA.groups.io
Subject: Re: [MTMA] Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

I haven't heard anything more from Pack #882.  I have no idea what their leadership is planning to do.  As you can see from this thread, they never acknowledged our welcome.

But we did hear a lot from Pack 67.  They will be there on Saturday, and are actively communicating with us. 

The forecast seems somewhat unstable to me.  I don't believe that we can get a solid prediction until tomorrow, or even Friday.

-W


moderated Re: Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

I haven't heard anything more from Pack #882.  I have no idea what their leadership is planning to do.  As you can see from this thread, they never acknowledged our welcome.

But we did hear a lot from Pack 67.  They will be there on Saturday, and are actively communicating with us. 

The forecast seems somewhat unstable to me.  I don't believe that we can get a solid prediction until tomorrow, or even Friday.

-W


moderated Re: Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

M Schevey
 

Have we heard any more from pack 882 about being at the Aurura launch this Saturday @ Harmon Field? I have it on my schedule to check if I am neded for additional range control, and for Ollie to do some "helping" at the prep area..

Mike


-------- Original message --------
From: "Wolfram v.Kiparski" <astronwolf@...>
Date: 9/1/21 11:19 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: public@MTMA.groups.io
Subject: Re: [MTMA] Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

Andrew,

Pack #882 is welcome to fly with us on October 9.  We can accommodate you.  Thank-you for posting here and asking.   See you all Oct. 9.
-Wolfram
MTMA President


Event: MTMA Community Model Rocket and NRC Launch - 10/09/2021 #cal-reminder

public@MTMA.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: MTMA Community Model Rocket and NRC Launch

When:
10/09/2021
10:00am to 6:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
http://maps.google.com/?q=Harmon%20Flying%20Field%2c%20619%20Bartlett%20Rd%2c%20Aurora%2c%20OH%2044202

Organizer: MTMA

View Event

Description:
This is a public model rocket launch to be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ) and MTMA launch procedures.  Anyone is invited to attend.  This is not a High Power launch.

There is a $5 per person fee for non-members.  Children and young people of school age fly for free.

Non-members are limited to 10 N-s impulse maximum (C motor), no staging, and no clusters.  All models are subject to a safety check prior to launch.

NRC info:  You can fly all NRC events, but you need to bring your own eggs and altimeters.  Eggs and altimeters will be checked by the Contest Director.

In the event of poor flying conditions, we may reschedule for the following Sunday. Monitor our message board at https://mtma.groups.io/g/public/topics for updates.

Launch starts at 10:00 am.  Please arrive earlier rather than later. We fly until 6:00 pm, or until everyone has had enough and goes home. If you arrive later in the day, you may find that we have already flown and packed up.

The latest City of Aurora Parks and Recreation Department COVID guidelines can be found here:
https://www.auroraoh.com/776/Parks-and-Recreation--Covid-19-Update


moderated Re: NOGO for Launch! Saturday Sept 11 #cal-cancelled #nogo

Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

The "make-up" date was announced.  See below:


On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 07:54 PM, Daniel Fabec wrote:
Will there be a make up date

Thanks
Daniel Fabec
 

Next Launch Date is our Night Launch in two weeks.  Details later.
-W


moderated Re: NOGO for Launch! Saturday Sept 11 #cal-cancelled #nogo

Daniel Fabec
 

If winds do become favorable are we allowed to launch with our own equipment 

Thanks
Daniel Fabec


On Sep 10, 2021, at 7:54 PM, Daniel Fabec via groups.io <dfabec16@...> wrote:

Will there be a make up date

Thanks
Daniel Fabec


On Sep 10, 2021, at 7:44 PM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

The forecast surprised me.  Breezy, with gusts over 20 mph all day.  Winds out of the south toward the woods.  These are not good conditions for Harmon, and the Community Launch is cancelled.

Next Launch Date is our Night Launch in two weeks.  Details later.
-W


moderated Re: NOGO for Launch! Saturday Sept 11 #cal-cancelled #nogo

Daniel Fabec
 

Will there be a make up date

Thanks
Daniel Fabec


On Sep 10, 2021, at 7:44 PM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

The forecast surprised me.  Breezy, with gusts over 20 mph all day.  Winds out of the south toward the woods.  These are not good conditions for Harmon, and the Community Launch is cancelled.

Next Launch Date is our Night Launch in two weeks.  Details later.
-W


moderated NOGO for Launch! Saturday Sept 11 #cal-cancelled #nogo

Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

The forecast surprised me.  Breezy, with gusts over 20 mph all day.  Winds out of the south toward the woods.  These are not good conditions for Harmon, and the Community Launch is cancelled.

Next Launch Date is our Night Launch in two weeks.  Details later.
-W


moderated Event: MTMA Community Model Rocket and NRC Launch - 09/11/2021 #cal-reminder

public@MTMA.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: MTMA Community Model Rocket and NRC Launch

When:
09/11/2021
10:00am to 6:00pm
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
http://maps.google.com/?q=Harmon%20Flying%20Field%2c%20619%20Bartlett%20Rd%2c%20Aurora%2c%20OH%2044202

Organizer: MTMA

View Event

Description:
This is a public model rocket launch to be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ) and MTMA launch procedures.  Anyone is invited to attend.  This is not a High Power launch.

There is a $5 per person fee for non-members.  Children and young people of school age fly for free.

Non-members are limited to 10 N-s impulse maximum (C motor), no staging, and no clusters.  All models are subject to a safety check prior to launch.

NRC info:  You can fly all NRC events, but you need to bring your own eggs and altimeters.  Eggs and altimeters will be checked by the Contest Director.  We will be handing out prizes for winners flying 1/4A SD, A PD, and A HD.

In the event of poor flying conditions, we may reschedule for the following Sunday. Monitor our message board at https://mtma.groups.io/g/public/topics for updates.

Launch starts at 10:00 am.  Please arrive earlier rather than later. We fly until 6:00 pm, or until everyone has had enough and goes home. If you arrive later in the day, you may find that we have already flown and packed up.


moderated Re: Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

Andrew,

Pack #882 is welcome to fly with us on October 9.  We can accommodate you.  Thank-you for posting here and asking.   See you all Oct. 9.
-Wolfram
MTMA President


moderated Cub Scout pack #882 attendance of October 9th event

Andrew L.
 

Hello all! My name is Andrew Lazar of pack #882 Cub Scouts and we were curious if we could attend your October 9th event. We had about 15-20 scouts that would like to build models beforehand, and launch them. Is this possible? It appeared so based on the link https://www.nar.org/events/mtma-model-rocket-launch-5/ but I wanted to confirm this due to the sheer number of scouts. Thank you all for your time.

Sincerely,

Andrew


moderated Re: Favorite motor vendors

Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

A group buy to save on the HazMat surcharge means for me that we are primarily interested in F, G, and High Power motors.  It makes no sense for me to do a group buy on model rocket motors.

Anyone volunteer to administer a group buy?


moderated Launch is Go! Saturday 8/28/2021 Harmon #go

Wolfram v.Kiparski
 

There's a chance for rain, but with the mixed weather we've enjoyed this past week, we're going for it.  Light winds are predicted.
https://mtma.groups.io/g/public/message/4772


moderated Re: Favorite motor vendors

M Schevey
 

I would be interested in a group motor buy.. can always use more motors...LOL
 
Mike
 
 


moderated Re: Favorite motor vendors

Mike Nowak
 

We did a group motor order once, about 12 years ago.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 7:55 AM Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 06:17 PM, Daniel Fabec wrote:
When members order rocket engines does anyone combine there order with anyone else to save on hazmat shipping costs?
We did a group order on altimeters once, but as far as I can recall we've never done a motor order. 



--
Mike Nowak

1 - 20 of 4797