Re: John Berkey

Mandy Walden

True. And agree with Gary, the picnic was great! Thanks for sharing, Wolf. John will be missed.
-Mandy and Nico

On Apr 15, 2021, at 6:03 PM, Tom Augustyn via groups.io <taugy@...> wrote:

Way too young for this day and age. RIP.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Berger via groups.io <wjberger11@...>
To: main@MTMA.groups.io <main@MTMA.groups.io>; Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...>; main@MTMA.groups.io <main@MTMA.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Apr 15, 2021 5:53 pm
Subject: Re: [MTMA] John Berkey

John was a great man. He had plans for a club trip to the Air Force Museum at Wright Patt with a side trip to E-Rockets that was delayed by Covid. Now I won't be able to see either of those entities without thinking of John.

He will surely be missed at launches.

Bill Berger

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 5:45 PM, Wolfram v.Kiparski
<astronwolf@...> wrote:
I just learned that John Berkey died in February.  John was always a welcome sight at our launches.  I remember his imaginative scratch builds, especially the John Deere rocket he was fond of.  He'd always bring his grandson, Derek, who loved to launch and recover the rockets that he prepped.  He had more talents than I even knew about judging from his obituary.   I will miss him.

https://www.aublefuneralhome.com/obituaries/John-E-Berkey?obId=19936856

Join public@MTMA.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.