Topics

moderated We are GO for launch tomorrow #go

Jeff Kodysz

Tomorrow's scheduled launch is a GO! This would normally be a members only, bring your own gear launch, but we are hosting Cub Scout Pack #67 for their rocket day activities, so the club gear will be there and the first couple of hours we will have youngsters launching their rockets. After that it's open to the public, per standard club rules.

If anyone would like to assist with the Cubs, please come out and bring your own rockets to fly, They are usually done by noon and the rest of the afternoon is ours, and it's supposed to be gorgeous!

See you at the field!

Jeff

Jennifer Davis

Are only cub scouts allowed to launch the first few hours?

On Aug 23, 2019, at 3:37 PM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

Tomorrow's scheduled launch is a GO! This would normally be a members only, bring your own gear launch, but we are hosting Cub Scout Pack #67 for their rocket day activities, so the club gear will be there and the first couple of hours we will have youngsters launching their rockets. After that it's open to the public, per standard club rules.

If anyone would like to assist with the Cubs, please come out and bring your own rockets to fly, They are usually done by noon and the rest of the afternoon is ours, and it's supposed to be gorgeous!

See you at the field!

Hi Jennifer,

It's likely to be pretty busy, but there may be openings in the rush of kiddo launches that will allow others to launch. There's no rule that says you can't launch, but the little ones have priority until they're all done for the day.

Jeff

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 4:37 PM Jennifer Davis <jhercik@...> wrote:
Are only cub scouts allowed to launch the first few hours?

On Aug 23, 2019, at 3:37 PM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

Tomorrow's scheduled launch is a GO! This would normally be a members only, bring your own gear launch, but we are hosting Cub Scout Pack #67 for their rocket day activities, so the club gear will be there and the first couple of hours we will have youngsters launching their rockets. After that it's open to the public, per standard club rules.

If anyone would like to assist with the Cubs, please come out and bring your own rockets to fly, They are usually done by noon and the rest of the afternoon is ours, and it's supposed to be gorgeous!

See you at the field!

Jeff

Jennifer Davis

Ben and Nathan will be happy to have other kids at the launch.

I hope my kids will get to launch too since we only have the morning time to be there and we didn’t know until today that the plans for the launch were changed. Maybe we could know with more time in the future?

On Aug 23, 2019, at 4:50 PM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

[...]

I'm certainly sorry that you weren't aware that this was a cub scout launch day. As I mentioned, it ordinarily wouldn't even be a full club launch as it's the fourth Saturday in August, but we added it on so the scouts could launch. We do this twice every year with two different packs and it's usually close to this time in August.

That said, I don't see a problem with Ben and Nathan intermixing their flights with the other kids' flights. There should be 31 kids coming and generally they include little brothers and sisters too. I'm sure everyone will get to fly plenty tomorrow. :)

One additional note for tomorrow. Due to the pretty constant flow of young people at the launch area, we will need to insist that your prep work be done by the parking area and that you bring up your rockets only when they're prepped for flight. This is to ensure that everyone is safe, and everyone is free to move in any direction should anything go wrong. Too many people at the launch site makes it very difficult for those of us in charge to watch out for everyone's safety.

Jeff

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 5:10 PM Jennifer Davis <jhercik@...> wrote:
[...]

Ben and Nathan will get to fly in the morning.  I know your schedule.  No worries.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019, 5:36 PM Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:
[...]

Ken Hubal

Have fun! We won't be able to make it; Barb is recovering from a very serious infection.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019, 9:39 PM Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:
[...]

Hope Barb is ok, thoughts for a speedy recovery.

gheem

“We need more boom.”

On Aug 23, 2019, at 10:02 PM, Ken Hubal <hubalken@...> wrote:

[...]

Sorry to hear that Ken. Please send her our best wishes.

Jeff