Topics

Tomorrow 9/28/2019 Launch is GO! #go

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Tomorrow's launch is on, starting a 3:00 PM.  Reminder - bring some food to pass for the pot luck dinner.

The forecast is about a 50% chance for rain at 5:00 pm, but those odds go down after that time.  We're deciding to go for it and just see what happens.  Winds are predicted to be light.

The schedule is:

3:00 - 6:00  General flying and NRC
6:00  break for dinner on the field
6:45  Mandatory night fliers' meeting - if you miss this safety meeting, you will not be allowed to fly at night.
~ 7:15 pm Sundown - Night Launch!

I know that the original announcement stated that the rain date is Sunday, September 29.  But I don't do Sunday morning launches, and since I have the gear, there is no rain date if we get rained out.

Jon Goldsby

Will you be able to bring my red max rocket?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/27/19 3:43 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@MTMA.groups.io
Subject: [MTMA] Tomorrow 9/28/2019 Launch is GO! #go

Tomorrow's launch is on, starting a 3:00 PM.  Reminder - bring some food to pass for the pot luck dinner.

The forecast is about a 50% chance for rain at 5:00 pm, but those odds go down after that time.  We're deciding to go for it and just see what happens.  Winds are predicted to be light.

The schedule is:

6:45  Mandatory night fliers' meeting - if you miss this safety meeting, you will not be allowed to fly at night.

I know that the original announcement stated that the rain date is Sunday, September 29.  But I don't do Sunday morning launches, and since I have the gear, there is no rain date if we get rained out.

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Yes I will bring the Red Max.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019, 6:55 PM Jon Goldsby <jongoldsby@...> wrote:

The schedule is:

Mandy Walden

Hi all!
Sorry we haven’t been able to make the last few launches. We’re on a little hiatus as we are in the process of moving to a new house, and the kids are getting used to their new school. Hopefully we’ll be able to join you again before the weather changes. Have a great time tonight! 
Best,
Mandy, Jeff, and Nico

On Sep 28, 2019, at 6:45 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski via Groups.Io <astronwolf@...> wrote:

The schedule is:

Casey Anderson

Get some good night launch photos to share. I’m out of town for work.

Casey

On Sep 28, 2019, at 10:29 AM, Mandy Walden <mwalden@...> wrote:

Hi all!
Sorry we haven’t been able to make the last few launches. We’re on a little hiatus as we are in the process of moving to a new house, and the kids are getting used to their new school. Hopefully we’ll be able to join you again before the weather changes. Have a great time tonight! 
Best,
Mandy, Jeff, and Nico

On Sep 28, 2019, at 6:45 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski via Groups.Io <astronwolf@...> wrote:

The schedule is:

Bill Berger

Brakes went out on the car yesterday. I'll have to catch up with you next time.

-Bill

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone

On Sep 28, 2019 12:01 PM, Casey Anderson <bigwake182@...> wrote:
Get some good night launch photos to share. I’m out of town for work.

Casey

On Sep 28, 2019, at 10:29 AM, Mandy Walden <mwalden@...> wrote:

Hi all!
Best,
Mandy, Jeff, and Nico

Tomorrow's launch is on, starting a 3:00 PM. Reminder - bring some food to pass for the pot luck dinner.

The forecast is about a 50% chance for rain at 5:00 pm, but those odds go down after that time. We're deciding to go for it and just see what happens. Winds are predicted to be light.

The schedule is:

3:00 - 6:00 General flying and NRC
6:00 break for dinner on the field
6:45 Mandatory night fliers' meeting - if you miss this safety meeting, you will not be allowed to fly at night.

I know that the original announcement stated that the rain date is Sunday, September 29. But I don't do Sunday morning launches, and since I have the gear, there is no rain date if we get rained out.

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Weather is great!  We're still on for night launch!