Topics

locked Reminder - Launch at Summit County Fairgrounds

MTMA@...

Launch at Summit County Fairgrounds

Date: Friday, November 24, 2000
Time: 10:00AM - 3:00PM EST (GMT-05:00)

S.R. 91 (North Avenue)
Tallmadge, Ohio
http://web.raex.com/~markndeb/rockets/mtma/scfg.htm
Setup at 10:00 a.m.
Range opens at 10:30 a.m.

Phoenix7187@...

I will not be there, I have to work

Larry Graceffo

sorry can't make it friday,, gotta work. hope you have great weather,, see
you at the next one. happy thanksgiving to all.
larry graceffo

Paul Bixler <PBixler@...>

Hi,

I'm from Denver and I'm in Pittsburgh visiting with my brother. I was
wondering if you think it would be worth a two hour drive to come see
your launch tomorrow. My brother has never been to one of your
launches. How many people will be there? Etc. TIA

John

M <mleffler@...>

Hi John,

I'm not sure how many people will be there given the holiday. I plan on
attending and will have 3 or 4 rockets to put up. I'll probably use a few
B's and C's and also some G75's, possibly an H128 if conditions allow. I
would suggest you check the postings Friday morning and see if others have
checked in. Have a great holiday and a safe drive should you decide to head
over.

Mike

I'm from Denver and I'm in Pittsburgh visiting with my brother. I was
wondering if you think it would be worth a two hour drive to come see
your launch tomorrow. My brother has never been to one of your
launches. How many people will be there? Etc. TIA

John

The main page for the MTMA group on eGroups is located at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/MTMA
</a>

The message archive for the MTMA group is located at:
http://www.egroups.com/messages/MTMA
</a>

If you wish to have your name removed from the MTMA group, send an e-mail
to:

Mark Recktenwald <m_reckt@...>

Paul Bixler wrote:

I'm from Denver and I'm in Pittsburgh visiting with my brother. I was
wondering if you think it would be worth a two hour drive to come see
your launch tomorrow. My brother has never been to one of your
launches. How many people will be there? Etc. TIA
Right now it looks like we'll only have a handful of people. Most of the
folks who fly big stuff (H, I, J) won't be there. I'm sure those that
will be there will do lots of A's, B's, and C's, plenty of D's and E's,
and a handful of F's and G's. Dare I say we might see an H or two? Due
to the weather (upper 30's), I can't see us staying very long, so it
will be a shorter-than-normal launch.

If you are interested in coming to watch a big show, this is not the one
to come to. I would suggest attending one of our Spring launches in
Mantua. In the Spring everyone has lots of recently-completed rocket
projects to fly and they are just itching to see them "kiss the sky".
The field in Mantua is much bigger and we'll have a waiver too.
Tomorrow's launch at SCFG will be limited to large model rockets (not
more than 3.3 pounds and 125 grams of propellant).

If you are interested in doing a lot of flying yourself, this one will
be fun. Typically, the fewer the flyers, the easier it is for each
individual to get more rockets in the air.

Stow, Ohio
Moderator of MTMA on eGroups: http://www.egroups.com/group/MTMA
NAR #77432, Level 1, Co V.P./Sec'y MTMA, NAR Section #606
MTMA web page: http://web.raex.com/~markndeb/rockets/mtma/