Topics

MTMA Summer Rocketry Picnic

Bill Berger

MTMA SUMMER ROCKETRY PICNIC

WHO:
All MTMA Members and their guests are invited to attend

WHEN: Club Launch on, August 8, 2020 (Raindate: Sun 8/9)

WHERE: Harmon Flying Field on Bartlett Rd. Aurora

MTMA will be having some special activities at the August launch.
* Special Contest Activities with Prizes

--- B Streamer Duration
--- B Big Bertha Parachute Duration
--- Sport Scale
--- See attachment for Contest Rules and Details
* Swap Meet
--- Bring any items that you want to trade or sell. The club will bring many rocketry items that were donated to the club to sell.
* Picnic
--- We will take a break from launching and share a picnic meal together. (Pending COVID-19 restrictions)
* Raffle Tickets for a special prize/prizes. Let us know if you have anything that you would like to donate.
This is a regular model rocket launch to be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ) and MTMA launch procedures. G-impulse max. No high power. Non-MTMA members are limited to 10 N-s impulse maximum (C motor), no staging, and no clusters. The public is invited to attend (See special Covid-19 considerations).
As with all of our events this event is subject to availability of officers in attendance, launch equipment onsite, and safe weather conditions. In the event of poor flying conditions, the next day (Sunday) will be the backup flying date or it may be scrubbed completely. Check here for last minute updates before heading out to the launch.
We typically set up 15-30 minutes before the launch. Please arrive early and help with setup if you can. We fly until 7:00 pm (dusk), or until everyone has had enough and goes home. If you arrive late, you may find that we have already flown and packed up. Help with packing up the launch equipment is also greatly appreciated.
Please only park in the main parking lot. Do not drive out into the field.
Please stay off of the model airplane runway that is close to the parking lot.
SPECIAL COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS – Due to the continual changing nature of these regulations and recommendations, please follow the latest guidelines
* Limit assembly to groups of 10 or less in any given area at a given time to comply with the Park District policy
* Wearing masks or face coverings is encouraged
* Maintain 6' recommended personal separation

M Schevey

One question. For the Sport Scale contest is there a motor limit? Or just the standard G for members, and C for guests?

Mike

Wolfram v.Kiparski

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020, 11:02 PM M Schevey <Tractionengines@...> wrote:
One question. For the Sport Scale contest is there a motor limit? Or just the standard G for members, and C for guests?

Standard G for members, C for guests.  If I participate, I am flying a C in my scale model.

Bill Berger

Fellow MTMA Rocketeers,

It is less than a week until this event, and I am really excited for it!

Hopefully, everyone is working on their competition models, and getting thing together to bring to the swap meet! There should be some great prizes available.

Another fun thing that I can let you know is that we will be raffling off an Estes #2157 30th Anniversary 1:100 Saturn V scale model kit. Tickets will be $5/ea. Or 5 for $20, and will be available on the day of the event.

It should be a great event. Hopefully, with plenty of clear skies and straight smoke trails.

If anyone has any suggestions or would like to volunteer to help at the event, please contact me.

-Bill Berger

Bill Berger

Edited

Here is the schedule for the event. We will do our best to stick to it.

Edited:  Sport Scale judging will start after noon, and be done when it's done. -Wolf
Edited: Everyone is asked to help time duration flights.-Wolf

10:00 -12:00 Range is open for sport and contest flying (except sport scale)
12:00 Noon: Sport Scale Entries must be turned in
12:00 - 1:00 Range closes for lunch. Take advantage of this time to peruse the swap meet and buy raffle tickets
12:30 - 1:00 Sport Scale judging
1:00 - 4:00 Range is open for sport and contest flying
4:00 - 4:30 Contest results, prizes and raffle announcements

Still looking for a few volunteers for range duty, RSO/LCO. Please let us know if you can help out. We will be glad to do some training if you are willing, but not experienced with the club launch gear.

=Bill