Topics

MTMA Night Launch canceled #nogo

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Forecast calls for rain and even thunder this evening.  There is no rain date for this launch.

From NWS:
Scattered showers and thunderstorms with a low pressure system will
develop this evening, becoming more numerous late tonight into
Sunday. Heavy rain with storms could produce localized flooding
tonight through Sunday.

Mandy Walden

Oh no! 😢 We were looking forward to it!

On Sep 12, 2020, at 9:01 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski via groups.io <astronwolf@...> wrote:

Forecast calls for rain and even thunder this evening.  There is no rain date for this launch.

From NWS:
Scattered showers and thunderstorms with a low pressure system will
develop this evening, becoming more numerous late tonight into
Sunday. Heavy rain with storms could produce localized flooding
tonight through Sunday.

M Schevey

So were we...

Is anyone doing the BYOG launches until wind or rain stops it?

I was thinking of going over with our launcher early afternoon.  Depending on wind and radar. We have plans on saturday mornings for the next few weeks.

Mike

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9.

Forecast calls for rain and even thunder this evening.  There is no rain date for this launch.

From NWS:
Scattered showers and thunderstorms with a low pressure system will
develop this evening, becoming more numerous late tonight into
Sunday. Heavy rain with storms could produce localized flooding
tonight through Sunday.

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Go for it!  Others are there already.