Topics

MTMA Model Rocket Launch - Sat, 10/24/2020 10:00am-5:00pm #cal-reminder

main@MTMA.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: MTMA Model Rocket Launch

When: Saturday, 24 October 2020, 10:00am to 5:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:https://goo.gl/maps/8YDQqLbmjErqznH3A

View Event

Organizer: MTMA

Description: This is a regular model rocket launch to be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ) and MTMA launch procedures.  This is not an High Power launch.

There is a mandatory $5 per person fee that will be collected from each person in attendance.  Bring exact change.  Persons without exact change may be asked to depart and get a five dollar bill elsewhere.  Non-members pay $10.

Anyone is invited to attend.  Non-MTMA members are limited to 20 N-s impulse maximum (D motor), no staging, and no clusters.

In the event of poor flying conditions, we will reschedule for Saturday October 31. Stay tuned for last minute updates.

Please arrive on time. We fly until 5:00 pm, or until everyone has had enough and goes home. If you arrive later in the day, you may find that we have already flown and packed up.

Jim Seibyl

Just checking if it is at Barber next week.  I’m hoping to bring my TARC team to do some testing.....

Jim

“We need more boom.”

On Oct 14, 2020, at 10:00 AM, main@MTMA.groups.io Calendar <main@mtma.groups.io> wrote:

[...]

M Schevey

Jim,

My understanding is that there are 2 options for next Saturday. (Weather permitting) One is the launch at Barber Airport. This is open to visitors with the normal details. The other option is the MTMA members only launch at Harmond field since this will be our normally scheduled 4th Saturday of the month. Because the club gear is going to be at Barber Field, the Harmon site is BYOG.

Our Saturdays are freed up ("fall baseball" ended), so we hope to be at one, or the other, depending on how far the kids want to drive.

Mike

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9.

[...]

Thanks Mike,

I’ll have to see how many of the team can go and transportation arrangements since I won’t have school transport available.  Either way will work for us.  I have the same launcher as the club(I got the club one after they saw mine lol) and a jaw stand and rail if we end up at Harmon.  I am a full member so I assume if we go to Harmon we could launch on my stuff, unless there is any objection from the officers than we try to go to Barber.  As long as the weather holds up that is.....thanks again!

On Oct 17, 2020, at 10:40 PM, M Schevey <Tractionengines@...> wrote:

[...]

Jennifer Davis

Jim, what time you thinking of going to Harmon?

On Oct 17, 2020, at 11:19 PM, Jim Seibyl via groups.io <jseibyl@...> wrote:

[...]

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Edited

Mike is correct.  Two launch announcements went out recently.

If anyone goes to Harmon please keep in mind that the field is "ours" to use according to the NAR safety code.  Flying is ONLY for NAR members who are MTMA members.  Guests are uninsured and unvetted.

While at Harmon...
If you are approached by a Flying Aces model airplane club member who wants to "share the air" politely decline.  We generally get two out of thirty days to fly, and they can come back another day.  If a Flying Aces model airplane club member makes demands like you move your launcher, or insist that they be allowed to fly, or harasses you in anyway that makes you uncomfortable, get their name and contact one of the MTMA officers.

Wolfram v.Kiparski

And TARC teams are exempt from the guest policy.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020, 9:45 AM astronwolf <astronwolf@...> wrote:

If anyone goes to Harmon please keep in mind that the field is "ours" to use according to the NAR safety code.  Flying is ONLY for NAR members who are MTMA members.  Guests are uninsured and unvetted.

Jim Seibyl

Probably 10 but I need to talk to my team first

“We need more boom.”

On Oct 18, 2020, at 9:48 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

And TARC teams are exempt from the guest policy.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020, 9:45 AM astronwolf <astronwolf@...> wrote:

If anyone goes to Harmon please keep in mind that the field is "ours" to use according to the NAR safety code.  Flying is ONLY for NAR members who are MTMA members.  Guests are uninsured and unvetted.

Jim Seibyl

Thnks Wolf, but always good to verify!

“We need more boom.”

On Oct 18, 2020, at 11:42 AM, Jim Seibyl via groups.io <jseibyl@...> wrote:

Probably 10 but I need to talk to my team first

“We need more boom.”

On Oct 18, 2020, at 9:48 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

And TARC teams are exempt from the guest policy.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020, 9:45 AM astronwolf <astronwolf@...> wrote:

If anyone goes to Harmon please keep in mind that the field is "ours" to use according to the NAR safety code.  Flying is ONLY for NAR members who are MTMA members.  Guests are uninsured and unvetted.

John Ulizzi

Edited

Wolf,

I think you mean “While at Harmon”. We are unlikely to encounter any <deleted> at Barber, but if we did I think we would just sic our nee friends, the Balsa Bees, on them...

🤣🤣

“While at Barber...

On Oct 18, 2020, at 11:44 AM, Jim Seibyl via groups.io <jseibyl@...> wrote:

Probably 10 but I need to talk to my team first

“We need more boom.”

On Oct 18, 2020, at 9:48 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

And TARC teams are exempt from the guest policy.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020, 9:45 AM astronwolf <astronwolf@...> wrote:

If anyone goes to Harmon please keep in mind that the field is "ours" to use according to the NAR safety code.  Flying is ONLY for NAR members who are MTMA members.  Guests are uninsured and unvetted.

M Schevey

Hopefully this does not come up...I am asking in the veins of an ounce of prevention, beats a pound of cure...

The question I have is: Since "at this point" Saturday looks like 40% chance of rain, and Sunday is clear... Our Saturday Harmon field dates,  list Sunday's as rain date. IF IT RAINS Saturday; Can we do our BYOG launch Sunday?

Is that a decision that needs to be made by club officers? Does it need to be conveyed to park management, or is it automatic?

I could see some Flying Aces / MTMA "on-site discussion" about the finer points of the use agreement....if members of both groups show up there Sunday.

Mike

I think you mean “While at Harmon”. We are unlikely to encounter any Flying Asses (not a typo) at Barber, but if we did I think we would just sic our nee friends, the Balsa Bees, on them...

🤣🤣

“While at Barber...
[...]

Mike,

The Flying Aces and MTMA made an agreement long ago to alternate weekends.  This weekend is MTMA's turn to use the field.  There should be no Flying Aces members at the field attempting to use the field this weekend.

If the weather is not quite what we like on Saturday, Sunday is automatic.  It is the rain date.  Please go fly some rockets.  It is MTMA's turn to use the field this weekend.
-W

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:52 AM, M Schevey wrote

The question I have is: Since "at this point" Saturday looks like 40% chance of rain, and Sunday is clear... Our Saturday Harmon field dates,  list Sunday's as rain date. IF IT RAINS Saturday; Can we do our BYOG launch Sunday?

Wolfram v.Kiparski

A discussion about the" finer points of the use agreement," as well as a couple recent incidents, has already been initiated between the officers of both clubs.  No one should be giving you a hard time about flying this weekend - on Saturday, or on Sunday.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:52 AM, M Schevey wrote:

I could see some Flying Aces / MTMA "on-site discussion" about the finer points of the use agreement....if members of both groups show up there Sunday.

John Ulizzi

I believe the “finer points” are that the field is ours that entire weekend...

Wolf, please confirm...

On Oct 19, 2020, at 12:56 PM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

A discussion about the" finer points of the use agreement," as well as a couple recent incidents, has already been initiated between the officers of both clubs.  No one should be giving you a hard time about flying this weekend - on Saturday, or on Sunday.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:52 AM, M Schevey wrote:

I could see some Flying Aces / MTMA "on-site discussion" about the finer points of the use agreement....if members of both groups show up there Sunday.

John Ulizzi

Never mind, I see you already did...

On Oct 19, 2020, at 2:38 PM, John Ulizzi <jaulizzi@...> wrote:

I believe the “finer points” are that the field is ours that entire weekend...

Wolf, please confirm...

On Oct 19, 2020, at 12:56 PM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

A discussion about the" finer points of the use agreement," as well as a couple recent incidents, has already been initiated between the officers of both clubs.  No one should be giving you a hard time about flying this weekend - on Saturday, or on Sunday.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:52 AM, M Schevey wrote:

I could see some Flying Aces / MTMA "on-site discussion" about the finer points of the use agreement....if members of both groups show up there Sunday.

M Schevey

THANK YOU.... Not sure if we will go to Barber or Harmon, but we WILL fly rockets somewhere this weekend.

Mike

A discussion about the" finer points of the use agreement," as well as a couple recent incidents, has already been initiated between the officers of both clubs.  No one should be giving you a hard time about flying this weekend - on Saturday, or on Sunday.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:52 AM, M Schevey wrote:

I could see some Flying Aces / MTMA "on-site discussion" about the finer points of the use agreement....if members of both groups show up there Sunday.

Bob Ferrante

Gentlemen of MTMA,

If anyone from Flying Aces bothers you at the field please give me a call. 330-322-0866. Have them talk to me. I will straighten it out.

I have emailed the Flying Aces members. But I recently found out that many of the members have not received the emails. I believe I have this fixed. So they should get my email I am sending out this week.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused my fellow MTMA members.

Bob Ferrante - Flying Aces President and MTMA member.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020, 9:45 AM Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:
Mike is correct.  Two launch announcements went out recently.

If anyone goes to Harmon please keep in mind that the field is "ours" to use according to the NAR safety code.  Flying is ONLY for NAR members who are MTMA members.  Guests are uninsured and unvetted.

While at Barber...
If you are approached by a Flying Aces model airplane club member who wants to "share the air" politely decline.  We generally get two out of thirty days to fly, and they can come back another day.  If a Flying Aces model airplane club member makes demands like you move your launcher, or insist that they be allowed to fly, or harasses you in anyway that makes you uncomfortable, get their name and contact one of the MTMA officers.

Gary Stricker

Thanks Bob, thanks for your response. I hope we all can be respectful of each other. Launching rockets and flying planes should be a fun thing to do without any hassles. I truly hope there are not any more conflicts. There are a lot of families that are MTMA members that just want to go to the field and have safe fun without trouble.

On Oct 19, 2020, at 7:51 PM, Bob Ferrante <robert.1.ferrante@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, thanks Bob,

I second everything Gary has said, and I do appreciate your efforts.

Thanks again,

John Ulizzi