Topics

locked MTMA launch rail question

Keith Moxley

Hello

Wondering what is the size of the launch rail used at Harmon? Want to make sure I order the right size buttons.

Thanks,
Keith

Jim Seibyl

We have a 1010 rail standard size

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2017, at 8:48 PM, Keith Moxley via Groups.Io <mugect@...> wrote:

Hello

Wondering what is the size of the launch rail used at Harmon? Want to make sure I order the right size buttons.

Thanks,
Keith

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Does anyone have any interest in starting to use rail buttons for smaller model rockets?

We could get a 20mm t-slot rail from 80/20.  This is the same size rail that Mike Nowak uses if you've seen his personal launcher.

20mm x 20mm rail on Ebay

mini rail buttons at railbuttons.com

John Ulizzi

Hi Wolf,

Yes definitely !  I already have a 4’ section of 2020, and a 3’ section of the next size smaller, and a whole bunch of rail buttons that will fit both. My intention was to rebuild the old club launch pad and have it accommodate these as well as standard size rods. I get stymied everytime  I try to find the parts to connect things. McMaster Carr gets a 10 for having everything you need, but a big fat 0 when it comes to customer service or a website that actually finds what you are looking for. If I could speak to a human there, This would have been done before the season started this year…

I’m open to whatever you want to do.

Please bring that old launchpad tomorrow and I will relive you of it…

See ya then!

John

mini rail buttons at railbuttons.com