Topics

moderated MTMA Launch is GO! - Sat, 06/22/2019 #go

Wolfram v.Kiparski

This Saturday's launch is a go.  This is a public model rocketry event.  We start flying at 10:00 am.  Need a couple MTMA members to arrive by 0930-0945 to help set up.  There's not much work involved in setting up.

Weather is predicted to be sunny, warm, with a 2 mph breeze out of the east.  This is the same forecast we had two weeks ago, and we know how that worked out.  But if the forecast holds true it will be ideal for rocket flying on our small field.

Field conditions are going to be soggy.  The grass is getting tall.  Long pants and footwear that can tolerate wet conditions in the great outdoors are highly recommended.  Leave the shorts and sandals at home.

I'm planning on staying there until 4:00 pm, unless some personal business matter arises between now and then that demands my attention.

Michael Nowak

Good news for a change!  We are going to have a few guests flying. I was contacted by a father of an 8 year old boy who lives in Twinsburg about getting some help in getting started. It led to a build session with four dads and five young boys who are planning to attend our launch this Saturday. I will be there early to help set up and hopefully fly a few of my own models for a change. I’m looking forward to seeing you there on Saturday

Mike Nowak

On Jun 20, 2019, at 8:30 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

This Saturday's launch is a go.  This is a public model rocketry event.  We start flying at 10:00 am.  Need a couple MTMA members to arrive by 0930-0945 to help set up.  There's not much work involved in setting up.

Weather is predicted to be sunny, warm, with a 2 mph breeze out of the east.  This is the same forecast we had two weeks ago, and we know how that worked out.  But if the forecast holds true it will be ideal for rocket flying on our small field.

Field conditions are going to be soggy.  The grass is getting tall.  Long pants and footwear that can tolerate wet conditions in the great outdoors are highly recommended.  Leave the shorts and sandals at home.

I'm planning on staying there until 4:00 pm, unless some personal business matter arises between now and then that demands my attention.

Jennifer Davis

Ben and Nathan will be there!