Topics

moderated MTMA Kit Bash Contest #1 #launchreport

Jeff Kodysz

One more thing... tomorrow is also the day of the kitbash contest. Bring your kitbashed Sprint XL kit for flying and judging. When the scouts are done, the judging begins!

We had five entries for MTMA Kitbash Contest.  They were Bill Berger, Gary Stricker, Mark Recktenwald, John Eck, and Eric Hudnell.  Each rocket was built using only the contents of an Estes Sprint XL kit.  Then the rocket had to make a safe flight.  It was a real pleasure for me to examine the imaginative creations that these guys came up with.  Good job guys!
From left to right:
4th place B. Berger and his not quite finished U.S.S. Andromeda Goonybird
1st place G. Stricker and his Ronast
2nd place M. Recktenwald and his Vostok
3rd place J. Eck and his colorful Sprint Caterpillar
5th place E. Hudnell and his PIA Browns rocket

Mark Recktenwald

My rocket was actually a Soyuz. I'll be uploading some pics and videos from our launch to the club's Facebook page. If anyone has pics or videos of the Scouts launching, please post them--I was too busy assisting them at the pad to document any of it.

--
Mark

On Monday, September 16, 2019, 11:16:06 AM EDT, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

We had five entries for MTMA Kitbash Contest.  They were Bill Berger, Gary Stricker, Mark Recktenwald, John Eck, and Eric Hudnell.  Each rocket was built using only the contents of an Estes Sprint XL kit.  Then the rocket had to make a safe flight.  It was a real pleasure for me to examine the imaginative creations that these guys came up with.  Good job guys!
From left to right:
4th place B. Berger and his not quite finished U.S.S. Andromeda Goonybird
1st place G. Stricker and his Ronast
2nd place M. Recktenwald and his Vostok
3rd place J. Eck and his colorful Sprint Caterpillar
5th place E. Hudnell and his PIA Browns rocket

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Sorry Mark.  I recall now that you did call the model a Soyuz TM.  It was an epic kit bash.