Topics

locked Moving On

Randy Miller <rmiller40@...>

Hello all!! I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I would just
like to tell everyone that over the last few years I have had a great
time flying with MTMA and to see this group go from a few guys on RMR
to a formal group of flyers has been awesome. This group had really
grown and I am proud to have been a part of it.

Well now for the bad stuff. I am giving up the hobby of rocketry to
pursue other interests. Unfortunatly I just don't have enough time
for the hobby anymore. Maybe someday I will get back into it..or
maybe become a knowledgable spectator.... Like someone else we know
and love...LOL. Of course if I would get back into it in the future
that would make me a BBAR?? I am officially resigning as MTMA
section advisor. Hey Tod.... I need to send you this advisor stuff
and the section certificate in the mail so send me your address...<G>
Along with getting out of a hobby as intense as Rocketry goes getting
rid of a bunch of stuff. The following is a list of everything that I
want to part with. I figured I would offer it to the group before I
stuck it up on Ebay.... I won't sell the stuff individually
though...that is to much of a hassle... so it is for sell as a
bundle....Don't worry Stan, Your muli launch controller is not listed
in this bundle....LOL...Oh and BTW... I know after my last two L2
attempts it does not seem like it, but my rockets are all build and
painted well.... and all have flown several times...ask Stan..He
knows how I build them......and No comments Barry...<G>

Here is what I got: $400 takes all
Please feel free to email me if you have questions.
Rocket Vision Quad Pad (high power pad)
1/4, 3/8, 1/2, and 1 inch launch rods... all 6' from Rocket vision.
also some Estes rods

Sure Fire Nicad Launch controller with a zillion feet of cord. (Has
never failed me and has ignited some pretty big Motors......)

Rockets:
2 LOC Auras - Build
Loc Mini Magg - Build
Loc Starburst - Build
Loc Graduator - Build
Loc Graduator - Unbuild
Loc Lil Nuke - Build
Loc Norad - Build
Loc Onyx - Build - Needs Nose Cone
2x Cherokee D (build from Loc parts)
PML Bull Puppy (partially constructed) all decals and parts are there

Estes
Bull Pup - Unbuild
Alpha - Unbuild
2 Laser Torpedos - build
Ranger - build
Big Bertha - Build
Black Brant -Build
Avenger - build
Fatboy - Build
Silver Comet - Build
Firebird - Build
Vaughn Brother Sputnik - Unbuild
Quest Spin Fin - unbuild
Micro Scale Saturn 1B - unbuild

Dr Rocket RMS Motor Casings
1 set of 29mm closures
1 29/180 case
1 29/240 case
Areotech 29/40-120 RMS casing (never used)

RMS Motors
1 - F40-7w
1 - H97J -short
1 - G75J-medium
2 - H128W-short
One Shot Motors
2 - E30-4t
2 - E26-5
Various Estes motors 1/2As - Ds
several types of ignitors

Estes Catalogs 1972, 1983, and I Think a couple of others as well.
Some Estes Educator stuff
Magazines (sport rocketry, HP Rocketry, and Extream Rocketry)
LDRS and BALLs Videos (They are quality DUPES of Stan's Videos)

Various HP and MR pieces, parts, and other stuff
chutes
Nose Cones
Body tubes
Centering Rings
Motor adaptors
Motor tubes
shock cord material
Decals
anything else I find as I am packing up the stuff

Well.... that about does it If you are interested send me an email

Take Care and happy new year
Randy
rmiller40@...

Barry Lynch <belynch@...>

poo
don't give up on us yet!
your flights are too spectacular.
btw
I bet we could all pitch in and use this great stuff together! The pad
alone is worth half or more of the asking price- I want to contribute my
$100 donation - any other takers? The club could use the rods and
launchers.
Barry

[...]

The main page for the MTMA group on eGroups is located at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/MTMA
</a>

The message archive for the MTMA group is located at:
http://www.egroups.com/messages/MTMA
</a>

If you wish to have your name removed from the MTMA group, send an e-mail
to:

WanerDonald <WanerDonald@...>

Hello Barry, or Randy, This is Craig Lent I have an offer for you Barry
can take the launching stuff.and Craig will take the rest of it.$275.00
thats what craig will put in..Thank You Craig Lent....

[...]

Chuck Straka <castraka@...>

Sorry to see you go Randy (for now anyway, heh, heh!) best to you and
your family!

Barry's right on the need for launch equipment...I can't help
here...anybody?

Chuck Straka a.k.a. One Buck Chuck

rmiller40@n...

The main page for the MTMA group on eGroups is located at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/MTMA
</a>

The message archive for the MTMA group is located at:
http://www.egroups.com/messages/MTMA
</a>

If you wish to have your name removed from the MTMA group, send
an e-mail
to:

Dale Purkey <purkede@...>

Hi guys, Hey I will kick in 100.00 with Barry, If two more guys will. We
could donate the launcher to the club, and divide up the other stuff. Any
takers? Let me Know thanks, Dale
(Dibs on the 29 mm motor and the Minie Mag)

[...]

Well guys, I have the stuff all packed up.... just let me know... I would
rather see the stuff go to MTMA.... just to let you know though... some guys
from Tri-City have been inquiring as well....<G>

Take Care

Randy

[...]

Tod Hilty

At 06:42 AM 1/3/01 -0500, Randy Miller wrote:
Well guys, I have the stuff all packed up.... just let me know... I would
rather see the stuff go to MTMA.... just to let you know though... some guys
from Tri-City have been inquiring as well....<G>
I'll try to contribute, as I'd like to see a lot of the stuff going to the
club, but, before I commit, the Hilty family needs to take an "inventory" of
outstanding holiday payables first. Don't want to hold up the sale tho'.
If it goes, it goes.

BTW, Kaplow is taking his annual flight survey on RMR if anyone wants to
contribute to his compilation. After going over all my 2000 flights, I was
surprised to see that I was actually *up* by 11 flights from 1999. It
seemed like I flew less.

Tod

Barry Lynch <belynch@...>

Randy
I have a check for you for the whole amount-when/ where do you want to swap?

barry -

[...]

Hello Barry, I see you are going for the stuff Randy is selling. I would
like to buy some of that stuff. Are you keeping the launcher or donating it
to MTMA ? I would kick in some bucks on the launcher either way. ( I'd
probably get to use it either way ) Can I put in my requests for some of the
stuff ? I'd like the 29 mm motors, the Mini Magg, the Pml Bull Puppy, and
what ever else you want to get rid of. Let me know... thanks Dale

[...]

Well, you can either come to my house in canton tomorrow or I can bring the
stuff to my work in south akron on friday... your choice.... just let me
know and I will give you directions to which ever you choose....

Thanks