Topics

locked Lots of Good News

Mike Nowak

MTMA and its members have been busy.  First off, we hosted not one, but two scout launches this past Saturday.  Yes it was busy.  Yes the energy level was high.  Yes we had fun!  Kudos to the scouts and their organizers for being well prepared for a great day of flying.

Next - congratulations to MTMA Senior Adviser Wolfram von Kiparski for being named to the 2018 Team USA at the FAI Spacemodeling World Championships!  This event will be held in Poland in late August, 2018.  Wolf made the team in the S2/P event - precision eggloft.  This is a TARC-like event.  Your target is a 300m flight that lasts 60 seconds flying and egg that recovers safely.  He placed 2nd in a field of 12 contestants.  Kudos to Wolf!

MTMA members Brian Guzek and Mike Nowak are first alternates to make the team.  Brian in R/C Rocket Glider and Mike in Scale.  Kudos to all!