Topics

locked I'm a moron...

Tod Hilty

"and this is my wife... she's frosting a cake with a paper knife"..

OK, free beer on the 16th to the first person that can tell me the artist,
and the title!

<vbg>

I *just* remembered that we have a launch scheduled for the 10th! I haven't
contacted Mr. Carlton, but I wouldn't expect any problems getting permission.

Do I have any takers? Weather's supposed to be moderating on Sunday, with
temps up toward 40. The only potential problem I forsee is the field
condition if the temperature gets high enough for the ground to thaw. Dunno
what it's like in you guys' territory, but when the ground thawed over last
weekend, we had quite a bit of mud.

Give me a quicky headcount for Sunday, and if the numbers are there, I'll
get everything cleared...

Later!

Tod

MLeffler <mleffler@...>

I plan on being there but i heard a chance of rain...other than that.....
mud good...mud soft

Mike

[...]

The main page for the MTMA group on eGroups is located at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/MTMA
</a>

The message archive for the MTMA group is located at:
http://www.egroups.com/messages/MTMA
</a>

If you wish to have your name removed from the MTMA group, send an e-mail
to:

Mark Recktenwald <m_reckt@...>

Hilty Information Systems wrote:

"and this is my wife... she's frosting a cake with a paper knife"..

OK, free beer on the 16th to the first person that can tell me the artist,
and the title!
Artist: Frank Zappa, Song Title: Flakes, From the Album: Sheik Yerbouti

"All what we got here's
American made
It's a little bit cheesey,
But it's nicely displayed
Well we don't get excited when it
Crumbles 'n' breaks
We just get on the phone
And call up some Flakes"

Granted, our Estes crap is no longer American made, but it is nicely
displayed, it does crumble and break, and we pick up the phone and call
the Flakes in Colorado! They aren't all in California, you see, just
"most of them."

So I got the entire post to be on topic!

I *just* remembered that we have a launch scheduled for the 10th! I haven't
contacted Mr. Carlton, but I wouldn't expect any problems getting permission.

Do I have any takers? Weather's supposed to be moderating on Sunday, with
temps up toward 40. The only potential problem I forsee is the field
condition if the temperature gets high enough for the ground to thaw. Dunno
what it's like in you guys' territory, but when the ground thawed over last
weekend, we had quite a bit of mud.

Give me a quicky headcount for Sunday, and if the numbers are there, I'll
get everything cleared...
I'll be freezing my behind watching the Breveland Clowns!

Oh, by the way, I am not a Zappa know-it-all, that's what Google.com is
for!

Stow, Ohio
Moderator of MTMA on eGroups: http://www.egroups.com/group/MTMA
NAR #77432, Level 1, Co V.P./Sec'y MTMA, NAR Section #606
MTMA web page: http://web.raex.com/~markndeb/rockets/mtma/

Tod Hilty

At 10:02 PM 12/6/00 -0500, Mark Recktenwald wrote:
Hilty Information Systems wrote:

"and this is my wife... she's frosting a cake with a paper knife"..

OK, free beer on the 16th to the first person that can tell me the artist,
and the title!
Artist: Frank Zappa, Song Title: Flakes, From the Album: Sheik Yerbouti
<massive snip>

Oh, by the way, I am not a Zappa know-it-all, that's what Google.com is
for!
Ya should be! Zappa was one of the best!

Poophead! Didn't I mention that search engines weren't included in the
original terms of the agreement?

<bg>

WRT your subsequent message, yes'm the beer is yours! Good stuff too! I'm
going to latch on to some good German lager, hopefully a nice Marzen...

Anyway, I hope Chuck pipes up, as my launcher is still DOA, and I haven't
heard anything from Stan/Randy. Mike Leffler already mentioned that he'd be
there, so I guess I'd better get hopping...

More messages to follow tomorrow...

Tod

Tod Hilty

Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 22:13:22 -0500
To: MTMA@...
From: Hilty Information Systems <blankreg@...>
Subject: Re: [MTMA] I'm a moron...
Cc: MTMA@...

At 10:02 PM 12/6/00 -0500, Mark Recktenwald wrote:
Hilty Information Systems wrote:

"and this is my wife... she's frosting a cake with a paper knife"..

OK, free beer on the 16th to the first person that can tell me the artist,
and the title!
Artist: Frank Zappa, Song Title: Flakes, From the Album: Sheik Yerbouti
<massive snip>

Oh, by the way, I am not a Zappa know-it-all, that's what Google.com is
for!
Ya should be! Zappa was one of the best!

Poophead! Didn't I mention that search engines weren't included in the
original terms of the agreement?

Crap. Thanks a lot Mark! <bg> Didn't mean to dump that back onto the "group"..

Shoot. Now I gave away the answer!

Anyway, I'm a'flyin' give me a head count!

Tod

Phoenix7187@...

i will be there

WanerDonald <WanerDonald@...>

craig karen & i are planning to be there

[...]

castraka@...

In a message dated 12/7/2000 7:45:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mleffler@... writes:

Anyway, I hope Chuck pipes up, as my launcher is still DOA, and I haven't
heard anything from Stan/Randy. Mike Leffler already mentioned that he'd
be
there, so I guess I'd better get hopping...

It's not like I'm going to be wandering around the fields alone if no one
else is launching <bg>
I can't make it to this one unfortunately....

I got tied up on Monday so I wasn't able to pick up Trigger from Mark's
house. This weekend is Christmas preparation time so I'll need to hang with
the family.

I just spent Tuesday/Wednesday in NYC. Shortly after we arrived in the city
we found out the the windshield to the company plane shattered on their
return trip so we ended up renting a car and driving back yesterday. SHEESH!

Have fun but you'll have to bring your own GSE.

Chuck "movin' to Montana soon..." Straka

MLeffler <mleffler@...>

<snip>
[...]

Barry Lynch <belynch@...>

Thought you were coming to our TriCity Meeting here at the plant on the 10th

Barry

The main page for the MTMA group on eGroups is located at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/MTMA

The message archive for the MTMA group is located at:

http://www.egroups.com/messages/MTMA

If you wish to have your name removed from the MTMA group, send an e-mail to:

STAN'S ROCKET LINKS

Mantua Township Missile Agency NAR#606
MEMBER: MTMA NAR SECTION#606 NAR# 74106 L2 TRA# 7187 L2

saw7490@...

Sorry I can't come Sunday, but I'll be at the party on the 16 ( I think).

                                          Harry Weiss      By the way I got
my 4-29-SS finished and it'll be ready at the next launch (after 10th)