Topics

locked Had a great day!

briddle@...

Despite the trees eating one of my old stand by rockets and dangling
it just out of reach, I had a great day with you guys today!

I was finally able to make my first launch this year, and the 1 1/2
hours it takes to get there was worth it. Although you guys are
light years ahead of me, I just want to express my appreciation for
your patince and assistance as I learn more and more. It's been a
great experince with you, unlike a group I was with a few years ago
who made it quite clear I wasn't worthy being with them.

And I think next launch I really will make my Level 1 attempt!

Of course as long as the rain stays away!

Bob

Larry Graceffo

hey bob ,, good to have you with us, glad you're back.

larry graceffo

p.s. by the way just wanted tell you all that i retrieved my phoenix and
sidewinder today. went back down there equipped with my wrist rocket
slingshot, zebco reel, 100 ft. of nylon rope and my should be patented rocket
retrieving hook that was attached to the rope. no damage done to trees or
rockets. mark,, i tried but i couldn't get a good angle on yours it's just in
bad spot to shoot straight up and catch the branch.

kgholloway@...

Larry,

Will you be bringing your "should be patented" retrieval system to the next
launch at SCFG? I've lost more than one model to a "rocket eating tree"
and I'd love to see what you've come up with in the way of a retriever.

Ken Holloway

judvil@... on 06/25/2001 10:54:39 PM

Please respond to MTMA@...

To: MTMA@...
cc:
Subject: Re: [MTMA] Had a great day!

hey bob ,, good to have you with us, glad you're back.

larry graceffo

p.s. by the way just wanted tell you all that i retrieved my phoenix and
sidewinder today. went back down there equipped with my wrist rocket
slingshot, zebco reel, 100 ft. of nylon rope and my should be patented
rocket
retrieving hook that was attached to the rope. no damage done to trees or
rockets. mark,, i tried but i couldn't get a good angle on yours it's just
in
bad spot to shoot straight up and catch the branch.

Larry Graceffo

won't leave home without it.

larry

Mark Recktenwald <m_reckt@...>

judvil@... wrote:

<SNIP> mark,, i tried but i couldn't get a good angle on yours it's just in
bad spot to shoot straight up and catch the branch.
Went there tonight and found it laying under the tree. The shock cord
was old and weak. The way it was hanging it was spinning pretty good in
the breeze and the shock cord frayed through. No damage done. Since it
needed its shock cord replaced anyway, all I am out is an 18" Estes
plastic chute!

--
Mark