Topics

moderated Greetings..

charlesmatulac@...

Good day, all.

I'm reaching out on behalf of Boy Scout troop 3280 in Streetsboro to see if the MTMA would allow some of our scouts to join in at one of your October launches.

Our scouts have indicated an interest in learning more about model rockets, and who better to learn from than the enthusiasts?

While we have about 40 scouts in total, we wouldn't expect all of them and their families to be in attendance. An even smaller subset of the attending group may choose to participate, as some do have their own kits, and will be aware of the launch fees.

Would you as a group be comfortable essentially 'hosting' the troop? Nothing formal needed, just being open to having a group of scouts present, and willing to answer questions as they come up.

Alternatively, is the Harmon field available to non NAR groups for one-off days like our troop? Would an NAR/MTMA member need to be in attendance for such an event?

Wolfram v.Kiparski

I think we might be able to accommodate you.  We just had three cub scout packs, including yours, contact us.  All want to fly rockets in October.  I'd like to take this conversation off of this list and via email so that I can have one conversation with all of you.  We'll work something out.  I'll be in touch soon.
-W

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Charles,
Sorry for the delay.  You and your Scouts are always welcome to come fly rockets with us.  This month, and next, we are flying from our new location at the Barber Aircraft Airport north of Alliance.  We are going to be there this Saturday Oct. 10 at 10:00 am.  Attached are the directions to the field.  Our next launch will be on Oct. 24 at the same location.
The airport charges a day-use fee of $5.00 per adult.  Our model rocket club will not charge launch fees to scouts who fly rockets together as a troop.
Regards,
-Wolfram