From: ZC412@...
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:29:56 EST
Subject: Great Lakes Regional Meet Revisited - I
To: blankreg@...
CC: PeteJP@..., Gerald_Freed@...,
TCSBRC_NAR535@..., gffreed@...

Tod,
Please pass this announcement on to all your club members. The Blast Off
club in Erie is the only other club that is invited besides you guys. They
approached us last year at NYPower about having a "Big" launch. If it works
out, we will invite more clubs in the fall.
Les Kramer,
Pres.

To All Fellow Rocketeers,

On May 05, 2001, come back to Northern Ohio where it all started! The
Tri-City Sky Busters, NAR #535, are pleased to announce the revival of the
Great Lakes Regional Meet. These rocket meets were started in the 1970s here
in Northern Ohio and eventually turned into the first LDRS launches which
were held in Medina, OH. We hope to hold the Great Lakes Regional Meet
Revisited twice a year in the spring and fall.
We have a large, flat farm to use with an annual FAA waiver to one mile.
Flights thru "L" motors are possible. We are Hypertek equipped. Porta-Johns
will be on site.

The GLRMR-I will be conducted under the following guidelines:
1. The National Association of Rocketry Safety Rules will be in
effect
2. FAA Waiver to one mile
3. Flyers Fee of $5.00 per person. Maximum Family Fee for low power
(A -G) of $10.00. Additional per flight fee for Hypertek to cover NO2 (440cc
- $5.00 and 835 cc $10.00).
4. Only NAR or Tripoli certified motors will be flown
5. Range hours are 9 AM to 5 PM. The range will open after a flyers
meeting at 9 AM.
6. Up through "J" range motors permitted without advance
application. "K" and "L" motor flights require advance application/approval,
subject to launch day flying conditions. High Power Cluster/Staged flights
also require advance application/approval.
7. Prior arrangements must be made for Hypertek flights to be sure
that we have enough NO2 on hand.
8. Due to the launch site's proximity to an interstate highway, the
RSO will reserve the right to lower the permitted motor range and/or limit
launches as required by conditions. It is recommended that high powered
flights anticipated to exceed 2500 ft should be designed to recover within
the launch site area. Any flights expected to exceed 4500 feet, must present
a flight simulation to the RSO for approval before the flight can be made.
Questions can be answered by our President, Les Kramer at ZC412@....
9. These launches are open to any and all interested persons, either
to view or participate. Due to insurance regulations, only NAR and Tripoli
members showing proof of current membership in either organization with the
proper certification level needed will be permitted to fly High Power Rockets
(Class H and above). All other persons, regardless of age, will be permitted
to fly Model Rockets ONLY (up to and including Class G motors).

Launch Equipment on site:
1. Eight high power pads - two banks of four each
2. Hypertek only pad - up to "J" motors (440cc and 835cc tanks)
3. One away cell for "K" & "L" motors and clusters
4. Two low power racks - six and four position
5. Launch rods from 1/8 to 3/4 inch
6. Blacksky Standard rail
7. Xtreme Rail compatible rail system

Les Kramer, Pres.
Tri-City Sky
Busters
ZC412@...
www.skybusters.org

Mike & Karen <mleffler@...>

Count me in. Sounds like a great chance to burn large amounts of cash. It
would be most helpful if my wife receives an e-mail stating I must have a
new rocket to participate.

Mike

Just recived this email this evening. Sounds like fun! Any takers?

From: ZC412@...
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:29:56 EST
To: blankreg@...
[...]

Mark Recktenwald <m_reckt@...>

Karen:

Mike & I will be attending the Great Lakes Regional Meet Revisited - I
in May with members of 3 Ohio and Pennsylvania NAR sections. This launch
will be the first of a series of "revival" launches of the old "Great
Lakes Regional Meets." The "Great Lakes Regionals" were started back in
the '70s (you're much too young to remember that decade) and led to the
original LDRS launches held in Medina.

I will be bringing my new, top secret, Level 2 project to this launch.
Mike will look like a fool if he doesn't show up with a new rocket
himself.

Please see to it that you husband shows up "loaded for bear."

Sincerely,
Mark Recktenwald

kgholloway@...

Tod,

I've already committed to attending the launch. It sounds like it'll be
great, especially since I know that several of the Erie club are also
planning on attending. I just hope I can complete a couple of projects, a
"beefed up" NCR "Big Brute" and a PML "Ariel", before the meet.

Ken