Topics

moderated Commemorative Launch Celebration, July 20th 2019

Jeff Kodysz

Greetings!

The MTMA would like to announce that we will be holding a special launch on Saturday, July 20th, 2019 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. We are placing flyers around the area to invite the public to attend and help us celebrate. As a part of this, we would like to ask any club members who wish to help out, to please come and lend a hand. Any help is welcome, from answering the public's questions, to helping out recovering rockets. Even just coming out to fly your rockets as a show for any members of the public who attend will positively add to the event.

In addition to our normal launch activities, we will be having a spot-landing competition, and a sport-scale competition. The scale contest will be limited to U.S. Space Program models up to and including the Apollo missions.

There will be prizes for these competitions, as well as door prizes throughout the day. The club will also be providing Hot Dogs to much on if you get hungry.

Rules for the contests will be relaxed and not official NAR contests, but the rules will be based on the NAR Pink Book. The idea is to have fun and to help get the word out to the public about MTMA and model rocketry.

We need YOUR help to assist us in making this event a success so any time you can donate would be gratefully accepted. It's community outreach programs like this that help us keep our flying field.

Please contact myself or any of the club officers if you have any questions.

We hope to see you there!!!

Thanks,

Jeff

Gary Stricker

Sorry, won’t be able to attend or help. Have a family reunion that was changed to that weekend. I had built a Saturn V to fly but I guess I’ll have to wait to the 60 year anniversary lol