Topics

moderated Bruce Levison

CG

Got word that dear longtime member of MTMA, Bruce Levison, passed away this morning from complications due to COVID 19.

He has been battling a number of health issues in recent years as well.

He will be missed!

:-(

-CG

Jeff Kodysz

Very sad news indeed.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:26 AM CG <cg@...> wrote:
Got word that dear longtime member of MTMA, Bruce Levison, passed away this morning from complications due to COVID 19.

He has been battling a number of health issues in recent years as well.

He will be missed!

:-(

-CG

President
Mantua Township Missile Agency
NAR Section #606

CG

I guess there is no official word of the cause as or right now...but we do know that he came down with it a week or so ago...on top of other issues, and that additional news worried me greatly...
-CG

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:31 AM Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:
Very sad news indeed.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:26 AM CG <cg@...> wrote:
Got word that dear longtime member of MTMA, Bruce Levison, passed away this morning from complications due to COVID 19.

He has been battling a number of health issues in recent years as well.

He will be missed!

:-(

-CG

President
Mantua Township Missile Agency
NAR Section #606

Michael Nowak

My heart is broken.
When I was returning to the hobby and joined MTMA Bruce was helpful and supportive to me an my family.
Praying for him and his family.
He will truly be missed.
As astra, Bruce.

Mike Nowak

On Apr 7, 2020, at 10:27 AM, CG <cg@...> wrote:

Got word that dear longtime member of MTMA, Bruce Levison, passed away this morning from complications due to COVID 19.

He has been battling a number of health issues in recent years as well.

He will be missed!

:-(

-CG

Ted Schaetzle

Remember Bruce well from my days with MTMA. Especially when he and Mark came out to Camp Manitowoc to do a launch with the Boy scouts. I was the one who got hooked , not my son. God bless

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Got word that dear longtime member of MTMA, Bruce Levison, passed away this morning from complications due to COVID 19.

He has been battling a number of health issues in recent years as well.

He will be missed!

:-(

-CG

President
Mantua Township Missile Agency
NAR Section #606

Stahler, David

Received the message on your clubs member Bruce Levison.    Sorry for the loss.   Prayers to family and friends.

Dave Stahler

On Apr 7, 2020, at 10:32 AM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

Very sad news indeed.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:26 AM CG <cg@...> wrote:
Got word that dear longtime member of MTMA, Bruce Levison, passed away this morning from complications due to COVID 19.

He has been battling a number of health issues in recent years as well.

He will be missed!

:-(

-CG

President
Mantua Township Missile Agency
NAR Section #606

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

Deloitte refers to a Deloitte member firm, one of its related entities, or Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"). Each Deloitte member firm is a separate legal entity and a member of DTTL. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.

v.E.1

Jim Seibyl

I am deeply saddened by the news. Bruce helped me on my level one. I remember when I was building my motor it was 38 mill, and I had asked him to double check my O-rings. He said they were in the wrong place. I moved them to where he suggested, flew it and I had a KATO.  Luckily the damage was not bad.  I went back to the instructions and showed him that I was in fact correct with what I originally had.  I was able to cut a damaged section of my booster off, prep, load, and fly it again that day, this time with a perfect flight.  I was fortunate to have another load and case.  Bruce felt terrible about that and I used to needle him about it ever time I saw him after that.  It became our thing, the student showing up the master sort of thing.  But I did it out sheer respect for him and in a friendly way because he did so much to nurture my love of the hobby, he never knew it and I will never forget him.

God speed Bruce, May your winds be light and your skies be blue sir.

Gheem

“We need more boom.”

On Apr 7, 2020, at 10:59 AM, Michael Nowak <mikemnowak@...> wrote:

My heart is broken.
When I was returning to the hobby and joined MTMA Bruce was helpful and supportive to me an my family.
Praying for him and his family.
He will truly be missed.
As astra, Bruce.

Mike Nowak

On Apr 7, 2020, at 10:27 AM, CG <cg@...> wrote:

Got word that dear longtime member of MTMA, Bruce Levison, passed away this morning from complications due to COVID 19.

He has been battling a number of health issues in recent years as well.

He will be missed!

:-(

-CG

Mark Recktenwald

Wow, this is a hard one to take. I could write a book about the times Bruce and I shared. His family and mine were part of the original group of families that met on Sunday, May 16, 1999, for the very first MTMA launch. (He missed the group photo at the end of the day as he was off tracking down a rocket with one of his sons.) When we got things back rolling again in the summer of 2005, Bruce was there. For a number of years, he and I took turns as club President. Bruce edited the first issue of our MTMA Flyer newsletter. His son Ben built our club's second rack launch system as an Eagle Scout project. Bruce edited and signed our current club bylaws. Bruce was a proponent of the ablative blast deflectors and Teflon recovery systems. Bruce and his family gave a lot of their time and energy to help bring other people to the hobby and assist them on the field. Bruce helped make this club what it has become.

Teflon Rocketry Man, you will be missed!

MTMA Treasurer

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 10:48:03 AM EDT, CG <cg@...> wrote:

I guess there is no official word of the cause as or right now...but we do know that he came down with it a week or so ago...on top of other issues, and that additional news worried me greatly...
-CG

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:31 AM Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:
Very sad news indeed.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:26 AM CG <cg@...> wrote:
Got word that dear longtime member of MTMA, Bruce Levison, passed away this morning from complications due to COVID 19.

He has been battling a number of health issues in recent years as well.

He will be missed!

:-(

-CG

President
Mantua Township Missile Agency
NAR Section #606
_._,_._,_

jenericrocketry

So sorry to hear.
My best memory is spending the day with him and Wolf making and launching water bottle rockets with youngsters at the festival at Sunny Lake Park in Aurora several years ago.
Great guy, great stories!

-Eric Hudnell

Ben Levison

Hello friends!

Thanks for all of the fond memories that you have sheared launching building and simulating rocket with me and my dad!

With great sadness, I wanted to confirm my dad Bruce Levison "handle: TeflonRocketry1" passed this morning due to complication from Covid-19

Model Rocketry was always one of my dads greatest passions and he was building up until the end.

I know he would be honored and humbled to know that he touched so many lives!

Sadly because of the current pandemic his funeral tomorrow will not be open to family or friends.

I miss flying and building with all of you!

Though, it is more difficult for me to get to launches since I moved to South Carolina for my job

Your friend and past MTMA member,

Ben Levison

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 12:55:23 PM EDT, Mark Recktenwald via groups.io <markrecktenwald@...> wrote:

[...]

Francis Graham

Deep condolences and wishing warm memories of Bruce to son and friends. It is so tragic to lose a rocketeer, in this way.

Francis Graham