Topics

locked Anyone interested in a night launch?

Tod Hilty

This is something I've always wanted to try. I've read several launch
reports on RMR regarding these, and they seem pretty cool. We'd prolly have
to move a Sunday launch to a Saturday night in order to accommodate the
"required" partying after the launch.

<g>

If there's enough interest, I'll look into what other clubs use for night
flying regulations. Plus there're probably some weird FAA regs that need to
be checked into too..

Tod

m_reckt@...

--- In MTMA@y..., Hilty Information Systems <blankreg@a...> wrote:
<snip>
flying regulations. Plus there're probably some weird FAA regs
that need to
be checked into too..
FAR 101 may be confusing, but it isn't weird! :-)

See:
http://www.faa.gov/avr/AFS/FARS/far-101.txt

Sec. 101.23(h) prohibits launches "Between sunset and sunrise."

However, Sec. 101.22 removes this restriction for large model
rockets.

At one end of the spectrum, regular model rockets aren't affected.
At the other, you need a waiver for an HPR launch at night.

--
Mark

Larry Graceffo

sounds cool,, i do have some lighted rockets for the occasion.
larry

Mike & Karen <mleffler@...>

I'd go for a night launch but I can't help but think that Hilty will cancel
it.

Mike

At 10:55 PM 4/10/01 -0400, you wrote:
I'd go for a night launch but I can't help but think that Hilty will cancel
it.
LOL! Only if there's too much light (i.e. Full Moon)..

"Dry field? Good, but there's too much light.."

CANCEL!

<vbg>

Tod

Dawn Hauserman <hauserman4_@...>

From: judvil@...
To: MTMA@...
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:43:51 EDT

sounds cool,, i do have some lighted rockets for the occasion.
larry

OH HELL YES.

JOHN H.

Dawn Hauserman <hauserman4_@...>