Topics

moderated July 4, 2020 Launch is Go! #go

Jim Seibyl

Looking forward to popping in!  I may or may not have an Apogee Saturn that needs its first flight.....;).

Gheem

“We need more boom.”

On Jul 2, 2020, at 11:33 AM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

We are go for launch.  NWS predicts a light breeze from the north.

When:

Saturday, 4 July 2020
10:00am to 7:00pm

Where:
http://maps.google.com/?q=Harmon%20Flying%20Field%2c%20619%20Bartlett%20Rd%2c%20Aurora%2c%20OH%2044202

This our monthly model rocket launch to be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ) and MTMA launch procedures.  This is not an HPR launch.

Anyone is invited to attend.  Non-MTMA members are limited to 10 N-s impulse maximum (C motor), no staging, and no clusters.

  • Please arrive early. We fly until 7:00 pm, or until everyone has had enough and goes home. If you arrive later in the day, you may find that we have already flown and packed up.
  • Please park in the main parking lot.  Do not drive out into the field.
  • Please stay off of the model airplane runway that is close to the parking lot.
  • Angling launch rods toward the road will not be allowed.  We will not risk dropping rockets on our neighbors across the street for any reason.  If drift is a concern, use a smaller motor.  Fly the field.
  • Plan on walking through the field to recover your rockets - shorts and sandals are NOT recommended. Watch for ticks!
  • Wear sunscreen and bring water.
  • Please practice social distancing.  Face coverings are encouraged, but not required.

Wolfram v.Kiparski

Edited