Topics

locked Possible launch field in Alliance

Jeff Kodysz

I think that would be prudent.

On Aug 20, 2019, at 9:19 PM, Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

I move that we move further discussion to the member-only forum.
-W

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, 8:12 PM Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:
Rule #11 of the NAR high power safety code states that the launcher must be a minimum of 1500 feet from any occupied building or highway. If we don’t adhere to that we’re not covered by NAR insurance.  I believe this is what Wolf was referring to.

I move that we move further discussion to the member-only forum.
-W

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, 8:12 PM Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:
Rule #11 of the NAR high power safety code states that the launcher must be a minimum of 1500 feet from any occupied building or highway. If we don’t adhere to that we’re not covered by NAR insurance.  I believe this is what Wolf was referring to.

Rule #11 of the NAR high power safety code states that the launcher must be a minimum of 1500 feet from any occupied building or highway. If we don’t adhere to that we’re not covered by NAR insurance. I believe this is what Wolf was referring to.

Jeff

Chris Pearson

The only 1500 foot rule I am familiar with is the lower altitude limit for airplane aerobatics.  Is there another that limits MR flights in a controlled airspace like an airport?

Chris Pearson