Topics

locked 2001 MTMA Membership Dues

Chuck Straka <castraka@...>

Hello All-

As discussed and voted on at our last club meeting, official
membership in Mantua Township Missile Agency now requires annual
membership dues to be paid. This is an annual membership for the
current calendar year.

Initially, we will be using the membership monies to maintain our
ground support equipment and first aid supplies. We will allocate
funds to other areas as determined at future club meetings.

Dues are now payable for the 2001 calendar year at a rate of $5.00
PER FAMILY. This DOES NOT eliminate the need to pay launch fees but
membership does reduce the amount you pay for launch fees.

From the 1/25/2001 Meeting Minutes (posted by Mark Recktenwald):

It was decided that range fees were needed to cover maintenance and
repair to the Trigger launch rack, for first aid supplies, contest
prizes and the like. It was discussed that membership dues should
also be charged and that paid members would have reduced range fees.
At launches where a porta-potty is rented, a separate "Porte-Potty
Surcharge" would be collected from those present.
Membership dues were set at $5. Visitor range fees were set at $2
per
family for model rockets (up to G impulse) and $5 per family for
high
power (H impulse and above). Those paying the HPR range fee would
automatically become members. Those visitors flying model rockets
that wished to could also pay the $5 fee and automatically become
members. Member range fees were set at $1 and $2 for model rockets
and HPR, respectively.
Q: Why shouldn't I just wait until the first launch and pay the $5
then? Won't I be paying $5 now and then the launch fee?

A: If you pay now, I will have your record of payment and we'll
waive the launch fees for the first launch you attend.

Please send membership dues (checks/money orders payable to Chuck
Straka--DO NOT SEND CASH), along with your name, address, phone and
email address to:

Chuck Straka
Seiple Lithograph Company
4390 Mt. Pleasant Road NW
North Canton, OH 44720

If you have any other rocketeers in your household (kids or, lucky
you, your wife), please include their name(s) with your membership.
I plan on producing MTMA membership cards and will make one for each
family member.

Regards,

Chuck Straka
NAR #77238 SR
Treasurer
Mantua Township Missile Agency, NAR #606

Chuck Straka <castraka@...>

Yahoo!...Group (sorry)

Received our first membership payment today! Thanks to the esteemed
Bruce "The Teflon Man" Levison for being the first one in. Please
keep those checks coming.

Shall we frame this check? 8>) ...this means I've got to start
designing the membership card now...

--- In MTMA@y..., "Chuck Straka" <castraka@a...> wrote:
Hello All-

As discussed and voted on at our last club meeting, official
membership in Mantua Township Missile Agency now requires annual
membership dues to be paid. This is an annual membership for the
current calendar year.

Initially, we will be using the membership monies to maintain our
ground support equipment and first aid supplies. We will allocate
funds to other areas as determined at future club meetings.

Dues are now payable for the 2001 calendar year at a rate of $5.00
PER FAMILY. This DOES NOT eliminate the need to pay launch fees
but
membership does reduce the amount you pay for launch fees.

From the 1/25/2001 Meeting Minutes (posted by Mark Recktenwald):

[...]

A: If you pay now, I will have your record of payment and we'll
waive the launch fees for the first launch you attend.

Please send membership dues (checks/money orders payable to Chuck
Straka--DO NOT SEND CASH), along with your name, address, phone and
email address to:

Chuck Straka
Seiple Lithograph Company
4390 Mt. Pleasant Road NW
North Canton, OH 44720

If you have any other rocketeers in your household (kids or, lucky
you, your wife), please include their name(s) with your
membership.
I plan on producing MTMA membership cards and will make one for
each
family member.

Regards,

Chuck Straka
NAR #77238 SR
Treasurer
Mantua Township Missile Agency, NAR #606

kgholloway@...

Chuck,

Just mailed mine this morning on the way to work. Taking into account the
average delivery time for the Postal Service you should see it sometime
before July!

Ken

"Chuck Straka" <castraka@...> on 03/21/2001 08:17:53 AM

Please respond to MTMA@...

To: MTMA@...
cc:
Subject: [MTMA] Re: 2001 MTMA Membership Dues

[...]

From the 1/25/2001 Meeting Minutes (posted by Mark Recktenwald):

[...]

A: If you pay now, I will have your record of payment and we'll
waive the launch fees for the first launch you attend.

Please send membership dues (checks/money orders payable to Chuck
Straka--DO NOT SEND CASH), along with your name, address, phone and
email address to:

Chuck Straka
Seiple Lithograph Company
4390 Mt. Pleasant Road NW
North Canton, OH 44720

If you have any other rocketeers in your household (kids or, lucky
you, your wife), please include their name(s) with your
membership.
I plan on producing MTMA membership cards and will make one for
each
family member.

Regards,

Chuck Straka
NAR #77238 SR
Treasurer
Mantua Township Missile Agency, NAR #606

Levisonfamcan@...

I would rather be remembered for my articles rather than a dues check!  Don't
you guys read "Sport Rocketry"; did you happen to look at page 35 of the
March/April, 2001 issue? That's the fourth one of mine published; and I
finally got my picture in one. Anyone notice the tube fin and ring fin
simulation articles on the RockSim library at the Essence Reviews site?

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055, MTMA #606, AKA: The Teflon Rocketry Man

castraka@...

Bruce!

I would rather be remembered for my articles rather than a dues check!

How about both!

Don't
you guys read "Sport Rocketry"; did you happen to look at page 35 of
the
March/April, 2001 issue? That's the fourth one of mine published; and I
finally got my picture in one.

Yes, I just received mine today.  In scanning through I did stop for a second
and say to myself, "Boy, that sure looks like Bruce...why, IT IS!" (then I
read the article, of course)

A fine article, as the others from you Bruce.  I *will* be using this method
for painting in the future.

Anyone notice the tube fin and ring fin

simulation articles on the RockSim library at the Essence Reviews site?

Yes.  The same as, or similar to, the ones that have been on Apogee's site,
right?

Thank you Bruce, your shared rocketry knowledge is appreciated (and so is
your promptness).

Chuck