We are go for launch. NWS predicts sunny skies, warm temps, and a light breeze from the north.
Saturday, 8 July 2020
10:00am to 7:00pm
This model rocket launch will be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ) and MTMA launch procedures. This is not an HPR launch.
Anyone is invited to attend. Non-MTMA members are limited to 10 N-s impulse maximum (C motor), no staging, and no clusters.
- Please park in the main parking lot. Do not drive out into the field.
- Please stay off of the model airplane runway that is close to the parking lot.
- Angling launch rods toward the road will not be allowed. We will not risk dropping rockets on our neighbors across the street for any reason. If drift is a concern, use a smaller motor. Fly the field.
- Plan on walking through the field to recover your rockets - shorts and sandals are NOT recommended. Watch for ticks!
- Wear sunscreen and bring water.
- Please practice six-foot social distancing. Only 10 people are allowed under the pavillion at one time. Face coverings are encouraged, but not required.
10:00 -12:00 Range is open for sport and contest flying (except sport scale)
12:00 Noon: Deadline for Sport Scale Entries
12:00 - 1:00 Range closes for lunch. Take advantage of this time to peruse the swap meet and buy raffle tickets
1:00 - 4:00 Range is open for sport and contest flying
4:00 - 4:30 Contest results, prizes and raffle announcements
4:30 - ? More flying...