moderated Re: August 8 Summer Picnic Launch is Go! #go

JohnP

I will, unfortunately, be unable to attend as our daughter and SIL are having an open house at their new home on that day.  Have fun everyone!

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020, 8:43 PM Wolfram v.Kiparski <astronwolf@...> wrote:

We are go for launch.  NWS predicts sunny skies, warm temps, and a light breeze from the north.

When:

Saturday, 8 July 2020
10:00am to 7:00pm

Where:
http://maps.google.com/?q=Harmon%20Flying%20Field%2c%20619%20Bartlett%20Rd%2c%20Aurora%2c%20OH%2044202

This model rocket launch will be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ) and MTMA launch procedures.  This is not an HPR launch.

Anyone is invited to attend.  Non-MTMA members are limited to 10 N-s impulse maximum (C motor), no staging, and no clusters.

  • Please park in the main parking lot.  Do not drive out into the field.
  • Please stay off of the model airplane runway that is close to the parking lot.
  • Angling launch rods toward the road will not be allowed.  We will not risk dropping rockets on our neighbors across the street for any reason.  If drift is a concern, use a smaller motor.  Fly the field.
  • Plan on walking through the field to recover your rockets - shorts and sandals are NOT recommended. Watch for ticks!
  • Wear sunscreen and bring water.
  • Please practice six-foot social distancing.  Only 10 people are allowed under the pavillion at one time.   Face coverings are encouraged, but not required.

10:00 -12:00 Range is open for sport and contest flying (except sport scale)
12:00 Noon: Deadline for Sport Scale Entries
12:00 - 1:00 Range closes for lunch. Take advantage of this time to peruse the swap meet and buy raffle tickets
1:00 - 4:00 Range is open for sport and contest flying
4:00 - 4:30 Contest results, prizes and raffle announcements
4:30 - ?  More flying...