moderated MTMA Summer Rocketry Picnic

Bill Berger

MTMA SUMMER ROCKETRY PICNIC

WHO:
All MTMA Members and their guests are invited to attend

WHEN: Club Launch on, August 8, 2020 (Raindate: Sun 8/9)

WHERE: Harmon Flying Field on Bartlett Rd. Aurora

MTMA will be having some special activities at the August launch.
* Special Contest Activities with Prizes

--- B Streamer Duration
--- B Big Bertha Parachute Duration
--- Sport Scale
--- See attachment for Contest Rules and Details
* Swap Meet
--- Bring any items that you want to trade or sell. The club will bring many rocketry items that were donated to the club to sell.
* Picnic
--- We will take a break from launching and share a picnic meal together. (Pending COVID-19 restrictions)
* Raffle Tickets for a special prize/prizes. Let us know if you have anything that you would like to donate.
This is a regular model rocket launch to be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ) and MTMA launch procedures. G-impulse max. No high power. Non-MTMA members are limited to 10 N-s impulse maximum (C motor), no staging, and no clusters. The public is invited to attend (See special Covid-19 considerations).
As with all of our events this event is subject to availability of officers in attendance, launch equipment onsite, and safe weather conditions. In the event of poor flying conditions, the next day (Sunday) will be the backup flying date or it may be scrubbed completely. Check here for last minute updates before heading out to the launch.
We typically set up 15-30 minutes before the launch. Please arrive early and help with setup if you can. We fly until 7:00 pm (dusk), or until everyone has had enough and goes home. If you arrive late, you may find that we have already flown and packed up. Help with packing up the launch equipment is also greatly appreciated.
Please only park in the main parking lot. Do not drive out into the field.
Please stay off of the model airplane runway that is close to the parking lot.
SPECIAL COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS – Due to the continual changing nature of these regulations and recommendations, please follow the latest guidelines
* Limit assembly to groups of 10 or less in any given area at a given time to comply with the Park District policy
* Wearing masks or face coverings is encouraged
* Maintain 6' recommended personal separation