We are go for launch. NWS predicts a light breeze from the north.
Saturday, 4 July 2020
10:00am to 7:00pm
This our monthly model rocket launch to be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/
) and MTMA launch procedures. This is not an HPR launch.
Anyone is invited to attend. Non-MTMA members are limited to 10 N-s impulse maximum (C motor), no staging, and no clusters.
- Please arrive early. We fly until 7:00 pm, or until everyone has had enough and goes home. If you arrive later in the day, you may find that we have already flown and packed up.
- Please park in the main parking lot. Do not drive out into the field.
- Please stay off of the model airplane runway that is close to the parking lot.
- Angling launch rods toward the road will not be allowed. We will not risk dropping rockets on our neighbors across the street for any reason. If drift is a concern, use a smaller motor. Fly the field.
- Plan on walking through the field to recover your rockets - shorts and sandals are NOT recommended. Watch for ticks!
- Wear sunscreen and bring water.
- Please practice social distancing. Face coverings are encouraged, but not required.