moderated June 13, 2020 Launch is Go!

Wolfram v.Kiparski

We are go for launch.  NWS predicts a light breeze from the south (toward the trees).

When:

Saturday, 13 June 2020
10:00am to 7:00pm

Where:
http://maps.google.com/?q=Harmon%20Flying%20Field%2c%20619%20Bartlett%20Rd%2c%20Aurora%2c%20OH%2044202

This our monthly model rocket launch to be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ) and MTMA launch procedures.  This is not an HPR launch.

Anyone is invited to attend.  Non-MTMA members are limited to 10 N-s impulse maximum (C motor), no staging, and no clusters.

  • Please arrive early. We fly until 7:00 pm, or until everyone has had enough and goes home. If you arrive later in the day, you may find that we have already flown and packed up.
  • Please park in the main parking lot.  Do not drive out into the field.
  • Please stay off of the model airplane runway that is close to the parking lot.
  • Angling launch rods toward the road in an attempt to compensate for the south wind will not be allowed.  We will not risk dropping rockets on our neighbors across the street for any reason.  If drift is a concern, use a smaller motor.  Fly the field.
  • Plan on walking through the field to recover your rockets - shorts and sandals are NOT recommended.
  • Please practice social distancing.  Face coverings are encouraged, but not required.