moderated Re: Bruce Levison

Francis Graham

Deep condolences and wishing warm memories of Bruce to son and friends. It is so tragic to lose a rocketeer, in this way.

Francis Graham

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 07:00:43 PM EDT, Ben Levison via groups.io <multilaunch8@...> wrote:

Hello friends!

Thanks for all of the fond memories that you have sheared launching building and simulating rocket with me and my dad!

With great sadness, I wanted to confirm my dad Bruce Levison "handle: TeflonRocketry1" passed this morning due to complication from Covid-19

Model Rocketry was always one of my dads greatest passions and he was building up until the end.

I know he would be honored and humbled to know that he touched so many lives!

Sadly because of the current pandemic his funeral tomorrow will not be open to family or friends.

I miss flying and building with all of you!

Though, it is more difficult for me to get to launches since I moved to South Carolina for my job

Your friend and past MTMA member,

Ben Levison

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 12:55:23 PM EDT, Mark Recktenwald via groups.io <markrecktenwald@...> wrote:

Wow, this is a hard one to take. I could write a book about the times Bruce and I shared. His family and mine were part of the original group of families that met on Sunday, May 16, 1999, for the very first MTMA launch. (He missed the group photo at the end of the day as he was off tracking down a rocket with one of his sons.) When we got things back rolling again in the summer of 2005, Bruce was there. For a number of years, he and I took turns as club President. Bruce edited the first issue of our MTMA Flyer newsletter. His son Ben built our club's second rack launch system as an Eagle Scout project. Bruce edited and signed our current club bylaws. Bruce was a proponent of the ablative blast deflectors and Teflon recovery systems. Bruce and his family gave a lot of their time and energy to help bring other people to the hobby and assist them on the field. Bruce helped make this club what it has become.

Teflon Rocketry Man, you will be missed!

MTMA Treasurer

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 10:48:03 AM EDT, CG <cg@...> wrote:

I guess there is no official word of the cause as or right now...but we do know that he came down with it a week or so ago...on top of other issues, and that additional news worried me greatly...
-CG

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:31 AM Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:
Very sad news indeed.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:26 AM CG <cg@...> wrote:
Got word that dear longtime member of MTMA, Bruce Levison, passed away this morning from complications due to COVID 19.

He has been battling a number of health issues in recent years as well.

He will be missed!

:-(

-CG

President