From: Bill Berger via Groups.Io <wjberger11@...>
To: main <main@MTMA.groups.io>
Cc: MTMA <MTMA@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Oct 16, 2019 8:29 am
Subject: Re: [MTMA] IMPORTANT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT

Jeff,

That is great news! Congratulations to you and all of the officers on the fruits of your hard work. I can't wait to be able to fly the new field.

That being said, there are not many things that would keep me away from this launch, but at this point I will probably list myself as doubtful as I am overseeing a large fundraiser on Sunday and I will be setting up and taking care of any last minute issues before the event on Saturday.

Wishing the rest of the group many straight smoke trails!

-Bill Berger

On Oct 15, 2019 4:15 PM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:
Greetings,

Many of you are aware that the MTMA is constantly on the lookout for new fields which would enable us to launch high-power rockets. Well, to put it simply, we're still looking.

However, we have recently been presented with the opportunity to have a secondary launch field at our disposal. Due to the NAR safety regulations this field is just slightly too small to allow full-on high-power flights, but it IS much more able to handle model and mid-power flights than our existing field in Aurora (Harmon Field).

The field in question is Barber Airport, located near Alliance, Ohio. It's about 28 miles Southeast of our current field. Being a privately owned and working airport, it is MUCH more open and accessible and it is constantly well-mowed with no high weeds to trudge through on our way to recover our rockets. It's currently also the home of the Alliance Balsa Bees R/C Airplane Club.

The MTMA has secured permission from the owners to conduct club launches there. We will begin with our next launch, on Saturday, October 26th. This launch was originally scheduled to be a bring-your-own gear launch, but we will be conducting it as a regular club launch instead. The other club officers and I went out in-between our club launches and had an informal launch there to get a better idea of how well the field would suit the club's needs and we believe it will benefit us.

We want to let you know that WE ARE NOT ABANDONING HARMON FIELD. We simply will be making use of Barber Airport as an alternate. We will be working dates into next year's schedule so that we have a number of our club launches there.

One caveat of the new field is that the owners assess a $5 per member per launch day fee to cover the upkeep of the field and keep the grass cut. This fee will be applicable to any person who comes out to fly. We believe that this is a reasonable fee and that for the ease of recovery the well-cut grass provides, that it should not be prohibitive to any member.

So, we would like to invite you out to the launch on October 26th at Barber Airport, 13754 Union Ave NE, Alliance, OH 44601. See the attached image for info on parking etc.

Please email me directly with any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Thanks,

President
Mantua Township Missile Agency
NAR Section #606