moderated Re: Kevlar shock cord

Tom Augustyn

I have a good idea of what your talking about, thanks again!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...>
To: main <main@mtma.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Sep 9, 2019 12:26 pm
Subject: Re: [MTMA] Kevlar shock cord

I’ve tried a method of making the Kevlar shock cord replaceable on model rockets. The method works well but is a little difficult to explain in an email. Basically, You poke a through-hole in each of the centering rings large enough to pass a carpet needle through. Then take your Kevlar and tie a small loop in one end, put the loop around the motor hook and using the needle, pass the free end from the rear up through the holes and into the body tube.

You have to make the Kevlar long enough to reach from the very aftmost portion of the rocket all the way to its final desired length, but if it gets toasted and weak, you can easily pull it out and replace it.

Jeff

On Sep 9, 2019, at 12:16 PM, Tom Augustyn via Groups.Io <taugy@...> wrote:

Great info, thanks!