From: JohnP
Sent: Aug 19, 2019 8:39 PM
To: main@mtma.groups.io
Subject: [MTMA] Possible launch field in Alliance

I often drive past a grass field airport used by local skydiving school and a few others.  When I do, I keep thinking that I should stop one day (when I'm not in hurry to be somewhere else) and ask if they'd be open to allowing rocket launches there.

Well, tonight I was at Boy Scouts and brought up the subject of rockets.  And everyone looks over at one of the newer scout leaders.  He introduces himself as the *owner* of the airport and mentioned that occasionally people come out and adk to launch a rocket or two.  He would be very interested in talking to club officers (and me) about the possibility if the club is similarly interested.  The field is over 100 (maybe 130) acres, mostly mowed.  Possibly suitable for HPR.

I have his business card and contact information.

Anyone interested?

Blessings,
John Partridge

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019, 10:00 AM main@MTMA.groups.io Calendar <main@mtma.groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: MTMA-NAR Member-Only Launch

When: Saturday, 24 August 2019, 10:00am to 4:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:http://maps.google.com/?q=Harmon%20Flying%20Field%2c%20619%20Bartlett%20Rd%2c%20Aurora%2c%20OH%2044202

View Event

Organizer: MTMA

Description: This is a model rocket launch for MTMA/NAR members-only.  MTMA club membership and National Association of Rocketry membership is required to participate.

The launch will be conducted in accordance with the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code ( http://www.nar.org/safety-information/model-rocket-safety-code/ ). G-impulse max.  No high power.

In the event of poor flying conditions, the following Sunday will be the backup flying date. Stay tuned for last minute updates.

We fly until everyone has had enough, or 4:00 pm, whichever happens first.

Please park in the main parking lot.  Do not drive out into the field.