Re: MTMA Launch Report - March 24, 2019

Jim Seibyl

Oh BTW, I’m building the Apogee 5.5 inch Saturn, it’s supposed to fly on G’s.....might have to bring to Harmon on July 20...hehe

Gheem
“We need more boom.”

On Mar 28, 2019, at 8:36 PM, Jim Seibyl via Groups.Io <jseibyl@...> wrote:

I told him that is a horrible day for rocket folk, that most clubs have something scheduled, but figured I would ask, they are also doing an anniversary thing so got hold of me way too late.

I don’t think they would reschedule so not a big deal either way.

Thanks for letting me know!

“We need more boom.”

On Mar 28, 2019, at 8:12 PM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,

We would be interested for sure, but we have scheduled a special commemorative launch and contest for that day as it's the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.

Any chance they could re-schedule for a different day?

Jeff

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 7:16 PM Jim Seibyl via Groups.Io <jseibyl=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hey Jeff,

Not sure what MTMA plans are for July 20.  I had this guy contact me about assistance with an alpha build session for kids for Lorain College.  He also want to do a high power demo with 2 flights.  I have an extensive thread with him regarding NAR safety rules etc, which I will spare you on unless you think it is a good outreach opportunity for MTMA.  He says he has worked with Skybusters in the past but Jerry moved blah-blah.  Would MTMA be interested in assisting?  I have done a lot of the leg work already and can provide any details if there is an interest.  Please let me know and I can get you the info and everything lease I have regarding my concerns for NAR compliance, waiver needs etc.  I could do the high power demo possibly provided the waiver is active and the field is within NAR compliance.

Regards,

Gheem

“We need more boom.”

On Mar 26, 2019, at 2:52 PM, Jeff Kodysz <jeffk813@...> wrote:

Hi Al,

Mark mentioned this at our club business meeting in February, and we are indeed interested in anything you’d care to donate. We can discuss it more via private email. My address is jeffk813@...

Thanks,
Jeff Kodysz
President, MTMA

On Mar 26, 2019, at 2:09 PM, Allen Ballou via Groups.Io <albecba@...> wrote:

Mark

Did the club not want the rockets, rocket kits, supplies and totes I offered to donate ?

Al Ballou
330-577-6001